All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Electric2k
join:2007-12-29
Dunedin, FL

Electric2k

Attempted to upgrade G54s from DD-WRT to Tomato...

I was having some application issues on my Mac with Adium, so I had a "brilliant" idea of updating my DD-WRT install to Tomato on my router. I did some googling and found something that said I could do it from the GUI of the DD-WRT router (not a good idea). Well I tried that, and it did not go well. The DD-WRT firmware upgrader said everything was successful, but when the router rebooted, I cannot log into the router. When I connect to 192.168.1.1, it gives a login prompt that has a header that just says 'DD-WRT'. I've tried the default DD-WRT and Tomato logins and passwords and those did not work, nor did the old login pass I had before my upgrade. I can telnet into it, but it will not take any login/pass combo that I've tried.

The router is functional, but now the wireless is WIDE open and I can't get into it at all to manage. I tried the .bat file upgraders for both Tomato and DD-WRT to try to restore it, and neither worked (that's how I installed DD-WRT originally). Any ideas?
LLigetfa
join:2006-05-15
Fort Frances, ON

LLigetfa

Do the 30 second reset.

Bluethunder
Thunder PC
join:1999-12-05
Duncan, SC
Netgear CM600
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
Asus RT-AC68

4 edits

Bluethunder to Electric2k

to Electric2k
FWIW, there is a note on the tomato page that warns you your password will be different when moving from dd to tomato. It tells you how to extract the PW BEFORE flashing to tomato.

Like previously suggested, a 30 second reset should get you back to defaults on the pw assuming the flash went well.

»www.polarcloud.com/tomat ··· ord_work
If you're upgrading from the DD-WRT firmware, telnet into the router *before* upgrading and type "nvram get http_passwd". The result will be your password in Tomato. This is necessary because of a change in DD-WRT's way of using the standard http_passwd variable.
Electric2k
join:2007-12-29
Dunedin, FL

Electric2k

Thanks, the reset did work---that was the one thing I forgot to try. The Tomato upgrade did work and it took the Tomato default password fine after the reset.

Thanks again.
LLigetfa
join:2006-05-15
Fort Frances, ON

LLigetfa

You're welcome.

BTDTGTTS

slpip3
join:2007-02-20
Springfield, VA

slpip3 to Electric2k

to Electric2k
Upgrade from dd-wrt to Tomato just changes the Tomato firmware trx extension to bin and upload the file at the administrator firmware upload folder the same way as upload the dd-wrt different firmware version.