Search similar:

uniqs

krl
@sbcglobal.net

1 recommendation

krl

Anon

treadmill freezes uverse system

when I started my treadmill belt it would freeze the gateway. I'm an at&t tech that fixes the vrads. After many failures on fixing this issue, I found that a monster surge and noise filter finally fixed my problem. The noise filter was really the fix, as I had tried a regular surge protector prior to this.

ArgMeMatey
join:2001-08-09
Milwaukee, WI

ArgMeMatey

I'm impressed. Most treadmills would not cause this problem because they haven't been turned on since a month after they were bought.

krl
@sbcglobal.net

krl

Anon

If the treadmill keep freezing the residental gateway knocking out tv & dsl I would have to give up one of them.
Tuff decsion. This was especially trying to me, since I'm also an att tech that just so happens to maintain and fix the vrads.

koolkid1563
MVM
join:2005-11-06
Powell, WY

koolkid1563 to krl

MVM

to krl
Does it still do this if you put the RG on another circuit from the treadmill?

krl
@sbcglobal.net

krl

Anon

The rg is on the second floor and the treadmill is in the basement, so they are on different circuits. The tv in the basement is also on a seperate ckt.

houkouonchi
join:2002-07-22
Ontario, CA

houkouonchi

If you are a vrat tech maybe you could tell me if you know of any technical reason a DSL and u-verse can't coexist (on different pairs). I could never get an answer from AT&T on this.

krl
@sbcglobal.net

krl to krl

Anon

to krl
They can coexist. But if your using a static ip then that creates some issues. We are not yet selling just dsl out of our VRAD cabinets. Technically it will work on two pairs, but we have some data base issues that would conflict.
jphaus
join:2001-11-10
Saint Louis, MO

jphaus to krl

to krl
Did you notice if the treadmill caused a high number of corrected blocks on the RG? I'm wondering if a noise filter would reduce the high number of corrected blocks I'm seeing.

krl
@sbcglobal.net

krl

Anon

The treadmill would completely freeze up the RG, I would just power down the equipment then bring it back up. There was no additonal testing for errors done by me at that time. I would suggest trying the monster ht800 if you think it's a power issue causing your problem and plug the rg into it or the piece of equipment causing the problem.