Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Bookworm
Premium
join:2003-07-04
Ashland, KY

Digital Equipment Charges

In looking at my cable bill I see that I am being charged $7.00 a month for the "Digital Equipment Pack." I am also being charged $7.95 for "DVR Service." (One of my boxes is a DVR).

I have 5 other boxes that are digital boxes without the DVR. They cost $6.95 per month each.

Is it correct to have separate charges for the Digital Equipment Pack and the DVR Service? It seems like double billing to pay separately for a total of 6 boxes and then have a Digital Equipment Pack charge on top of that.

ignorant6

join:2006-03-26

The way they charge for DVR's is you pay the rental fee for the box, then you pay a service charge for being able to use the DVR service.
In SoCal the DVR box rental is the same price as a Digital box rental, not sure about the pricing where you live.

MadMANN3
Premium
join:2005-08-19
kudos:2
reply to Bookworm

DVR services are typically an extra cost above the normal digital service. TW is just breaking it down. Looks like it costs $7 for the first digital converter on your package and an extra $7.95 for each DVR.

saber11
Check Six
Premium
join:2000-06-09
Clayton, OH

You are only charged the DVR service charge once. So you could have all of your converters as DVR's, you will only pay the box rental fee (for each DVR), and only one DVR service fee per month

I have 3 DVR's and pay only DVR service fee. YMMV but that is pretty much standard.
--
Educating the masses, since about 2:15

NY11102

@rr.com
reply to Bookworm

You are lucky because I pay 9.95 for the DVR service and 10.45 for each additional box.

Current Charges
Monthly Charges
12/08 Voice Mail 3.95
12/08 DVR Service 9.95
12/08 DVR Service 9.95
12/08 DVR Service 9.95
12/08 Additional DTV Service 10.45
Dsg Outlet, DTV Add'l Set @ $2.80 Ea, Remote(s) @ $0.25 Ea, Converter(s) @ $7.40 Ea
12/08 Additional DTV Service 10.45
Dsg Outlet, DTV Add'l Set @ $2.80 Ea, Remote(s) @ $0.25 Ea, Converter(s) @ $7.40 Ea
12/08 All IN One Triple 129.95
Digital Phone Service, Basic Service, ., Remote(s) @ $0.25 Ea, Standard Service, Converter(s) @ $7.40 Ea, DTV, Phone @ $32.99, Road Runner Online Svc
12/08 Premium With Pod Service 44.95
HBO And Pod, Cinemax And Pod, Showtime And Pod, TMC And Pod, STARZ, Encore

numbnutz

join:2005-12-12
Kemptville, ON
reply to saber11

You are getting off lucky if that is the case. You are supposed to be billed DVR service per Converter Box for most areas

Bookworm
Premium
join:2003-07-04
Ashland, KY

Maybe I have nothing to complain about. It just seemed to me that the term "Digital Equipment Pack" should include the rental of one regular (non-DVR) digital box. Apparently that is not the case...

saber11
Check Six
Premium
join:2000-06-09
Clayton, OH

said by Bookworm:

Maybe I have nothing to complain about. It just seemed to me that the term "Digital Equipment Pack" should include the rental of one regular (non-DVR) digital box. Apparently that is not the case...
By FCC rules they cannot include equipment in the pricing bundle. This was due to the "unbundling" of content and equipment. These are the same rules that now allow people to purchase their own digital converter and use cable cards in them.
--
Educating the masses, since about 2:15