spc
Search similar:

uniqs
GardRail1
join:2003-07-30
Falling Waters, WV

1 edit

GardRail1

Number slammed and taken away from ViaTalk! HELP!

I've spoken to a few different representatives on the 28'th of December when my incoming calls stopped working.

My ticket is: KNQ-62688

I really need some assistance in resolving incoming call issues via my incoming line. I've attempted various troubleshooting methods on my own, and via the direction of Claire which consisted of changing my server from newyork-1 to chicago-1b and chicago-1f with no luck (my account isn't authorized to specify other servers).

Brendan, if you have the ability to take a peek into things, I would appreciate it. I seriously don't want to use this number as I'm starting to give this out.

Thanks,

edit: oh yeah, the number was successfully ported from the Teleban around 22 November and has been functioning flawlessly until 28 December.

dcurrey
Premium Member
join:2004-06-29
Mason, OH

dcurrey

Premium Member

What makes you think the number has been slammed and not just working correctly? Granted Teleblend has slammed numbers before so this might be the case again. If you can confirm they slammed your number you can post in the Teleblend forum. Also I would file a complaint with the FCC

global_dev
join:2005-09-23
Woodbridge, VA

global_dev to GardRail1

to GardRail1
i thought viatalk had dynamic server movement with provisioned accounts?( which it sounds like you might have if you can't specify servers, although it sounds like you actually did change it)

I can't call a specific number of mine(not viatalk, although i use them) from any of my cellphones right now. other networks can call it no problem. at&t said their system needs to be updated, however it still doesn't work. I needed to tell them to do it.

additionally, slamming is actually
the illegal practice of changing a consumer's telephone service - local, intralata service, or interlata service (including state to state, in state and international long distance) - without permission
. doesn't sound like that happened.

did you actually lose the number?

voiplover
Premium Member
join:2004-05-28
Portsmouth, NH

voiplover to GardRail1

Premium Member

to GardRail1
said by GardRail1:

I seriously don't want to use this number as I'm starting to give this out.

Please step back from the phone and take a deep breath!
I think that you meant that you don't want to lose that number.
I'd be angry if it was ported it back to TB.

dcurrey
Premium Member
Mason, OH

dcurrey to GardRail1

Premium Member

to GardRail1
What happens when someone calls the line? Dead air, busy, or some kind of message?

viadaown
@cox.net

viadaown to GardRail1

Anon

to GardRail1
I have the same problem, no incoming calls, get disconnect message, have outgoing calls. When I called again yesterday, I was told Teleblend had taken my number back, but that someone in the VT porting dept. would be in at noon today to fix the problem. Opened ticket on Dec. 28th.
bmize13
join:2006-04-17
Dallas, GA

bmize13

Strangely... I was told that my number had given a Disconnected message recently. It seems to work now, but my kid's doctor tried calling, and then I caught the hot end of hell for not updating my phone number with them.

Wonder if there was an issue with VT recently?

btme
@cox.net

btme to GardRail1

Anon

to GardRail1
Teleblend hijacked my phone number too. They ported it back to them. The guy at Viatalk said that it was illegal and they are working get them back. I don't see how this would even be possible. I have had no incoming calls for 3 days.
GardRail1
Falling Waters, WV

GardRail1 to dcurrey

to dcurrey
said by dcurrey:

What makes you think the number has been slammed and not just working correctly? Granted Teleblend has slammed numbers before so this might be the case again. If you can confirm they slammed your number you can post in the Teleblend forum. Also I would file a complaint with the FCC
I have no way of determining that Teleblend did take the number back. I have attempted to call Level3 and Global Crossing to determine which provider is the ultimate owner of my number to no avail.

Slammed is something that Viatalk had mentioned. It does seem logical as when the number is called, it does not go to their voice mail system.

When calling from AT&T I recieve "your call could not be completed as dialed, please check the number and dial again ...spanish crap... PL Message 2 va01GK"

viadaown
@cox.net

viadaown to btme

Anon

to btme
Do you have your incoming back yet?
GardRail1
Falling Waters, WV

GardRail1 to global_dev

to global_dev
said by global_dev:

i thought viatalk had dynamic server movement with provisioned accounts?( which it sounds like you might have if you can't specify servers, although it sounds like you actually did change it)

I can't call a specific number of mine(not viatalk, although i use them) from any of my cellphones right now. other networks can call it no problem. at&t said their system needs to be updated, however it still doesn't work. I needed to tell them to do it.

additionally, slamming is actually
the illegal practice of changing a consumer's telephone service - local, intralata service, or interlata service (including state to state, in state and international long distance) - without permission
. doesn't sound like that happened.

did you actually lose the number?
I still have thenumber. When I make calls via ViaTalk the 304-579-xxxx number shows up as the CID source. Incoming calls are not possible (please see previous message post).

I know phone service can be sold in either direction, either outgoing or incoming via DiD's... God only knows what's happening. Hopefully this can be resolved quickly. I submitted some important paperwork which had that number on it....
GardRail1

GardRail1 to dcurrey

to dcurrey
said by dcurrey:

What happens when someone calls the line? Dead air, busy, or some kind of message?
"your call could not be completed as dialed, please check the number and dial again ...spanish crap... pl msg 2 va01GK"

GardRail1

GardRail1 to bmize13

to bmize13
said by bmize13:

Strangely... I was told that my number had given a Disconnected message recently. It seems to work now, but my kid's doctor tried calling, and then I caught the hot end of hell for not updating my phone number with them.

Wonder if there was an issue with VT recently?
That may very well be the case. Without seeing call logs, or knowing who ViaTalk's DiD provider is there is no way to track down that information.

I dont care who's responsable, I just want this fixed asap. Nothing is worse than explaining to your wife that hey this is better for us, then all the sudden have the nuber she's been giving out disappear.

Thank God I still have my PSTN line (we have DSL) with a SPA-3102...
GardRail1

GardRail1 to viadaown

to viadaown
said by viadaown :

Do you have your incoming back yet?
incoming is still dead. It's been that way since 28 December. . . :-(
GardRail1

GardRail1 to btme

to btme
said by btme :

Teleblend hijacked my phone number too. They ported it back to them. The guy at Viatalk said that it was illegal and they are working get them back. I don't see how this would even be possible. I have had no incoming calls for 3 days.
That's exactly what multiple people at ViaTalk said.

I called Teleblend and told them what was going on and requested that they resolve the issue. I informed them that I would very much prefer to have this resolved without filing a complaint. I cited the Telecommunications act of 1996 section 258. That deals specifically with illegal changes to local and long distance services without the customers authorization.

Given that Voip didn't exist at the time, that description pretty much describes what has occurred, or what would occur if they are successful. Right now if that REALLY is the case, they have effectively broken a former customer's phone service.

I suppose this means that Teleblend is going down hill quickly if they are resorting to these types of tactics. After the FCC finishes fining them I would imagine we wont hear much about the former Sunrocket company...

dcurrey
Premium Member
Mason, OH

dcurrey

Premium Member

This is nothing new for Teleblend they did it from the start.

»Sunrocket stealing numbers back??
GardRail1
Falling Waters, WV

GardRail1

said by dcurrey:

This is nothing new for Teleblend they did it from the start.

»Sunrocket stealing numbers back??
That's funny...

They claim that they have reviewed their logs. I informed them that If this isn't resolved by 1500 EST I will file a complaint with the FCC. I did get a response via e-mail, but my incoming calls are still not working.

hmm, looks like they have 16 more minutes to go.

Check out this e-mail:

RE: [11063] When trying to call someone he gets a busy single and
he would like his first months refund

A comment was added to your ticket by: MollyB.

/Dear xxxxxxx xxxx,We have completed a review in regards to the claim
of "slamming " of you services. Our network closed services for you in
August of 2007.The account is closed and we are not providing services
for your number.Please contact the person(s) who reported this claim
and confirm with them what they can do to assist.Thank You,Your
Teleblend Support Team/

Reply to this email to send a response to us regarding this ticket.

Sincerely,

TeleBlend

VTBrendan
Viatalk
Premium Member
join:2005-06-27
Clifton Park, NY

VTBrendan

Premium Member

Hi,

According to someone in our porting dept, we have received approx. 50 of these 'slams' so far from TB.

-Brendan
GardRail1
Falling Waters, WV

GardRail1

said by VTBrendan:

Hi,

According to someone in our porting dept, we have received approx. 50 of these 'slams' so far from TB.

-Brendan
Thanks for weighing in Brendan.

People that have been taken advantage of like this dont run the risk of losing their numbers all together right?

also, if this takes a while, would ViaTalk consider modifying outgoing callerID temporarily to show a DSL line as being the calling line?

I have a PBX setup with an SPA-3102 and could recieve calls via the PSTN line. If i can get the callerID fixed so that it showed the PSTN callerID info that would be an excellent bandaid.

Thanks again for weighing in.

guppy_fish
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish to VTBrendan

Premium Member

to VTBrendan
said by VTBrendan:

Hi,

-Brendan
Just another reason to stay clear of VOIP unless you like a maybe phone

RockyBB
Premium Member
join:2005-01-31
Steamboat Springs, CO

RockyBB

Premium Member

said by guppy_fish:

That is a low (an inaccurate) blow. If VT had like 50 port outs from TB, then the 50 problems would reflect a 100% problem rate. More likely as they had several thousand port outs from TB, the 50 problems would reflect an insignificant percentage. A real problem to those impacted, and a PIA to VT, but an insignificant percent of the account base. The vast majority of all VOIP users do not have this problem.
GardRail1
Falling Waters, WV

GardRail1 to guppy_fish

to guppy_fish
said by guppy_fish:

said by VTBrendan:

Hi,

-Brendan
It's not the techology... if you switched between verizon and qwest and they pulled the same sh*t, you would be in the same situation.

To assume that slamming only takes place with VoIP just shows how little you know. Why would they write section 258 of the 1996 Telecommunications Act and mention slamming back then if it didn't take place back then?
rnet1
join:2003-10-14

rnet1 to GardRail1

to GardRail1
If you need to check which CLEC currently has control of your phone number, please e-mail lrn@telephoneim.com with the phone number to check.
GardRail1
Falling Waters, WV

GardRail1

I just e-mailed the number.

Any chance you can tell me who the major provider of the DiD is? that way if I run into this type of issue I can call Level3, or whoever actually owns the number so i can ask them to assist...

Thanks
hardly
Premium Member
join:2004-02-10
USA
(Software) pfSense
Asus RT-AC68
Netgear CM600

hardly to GardRail1

Premium Member

to GardRail1
said by GardRail1:

Any chance you can tell me who the major provider of the DiD is? that way if I run into this type of issue I can call Level3, or whoever actually owns the number so i can ask them to assist...
you can get that info here:

»www.telcodata.us/telcodata/telco

RockyBB
Premium Member
join:2005-01-31
Steamboat Springs, CO

RockyBB

Premium Member

said by hardly:

you can get that info here:
»www.telcodata.us/telcodata/telco

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG That site only displays the original carrier that activated the number based on the first 6 or 7 digits. That site does not have a real time active view of all 10 digits, and cannot be used to answer questions relative to porting after the first port out.
hardly
Premium Member
join:2004-02-10
USA
(Software) pfSense
Asus RT-AC68
Netgear CM600

hardly

Premium Member

said by RockyBB:

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG That site only displays the original carrier that activated the number based on the first 6 or 7 digits. That site does not have a real time active view of all 10 digits, and cannot be used to answer questions relative to porting after the first port out.
My guess is that you could provide a real time link...
rnet1
join:2003-10-14

rnet1 to GardRail1

to GardRail1
Yes, real-time lookup functionality will be available soon. This particular situation needed help today so it was better to handle by e-mail. There will be a nominal charge for the lookups because there is a per-query charge from the National Portability Center run by Neustar.
GardRail1
Falling Waters, WV

GardRail1

said by rnet1:

Yes, real-time lookup functionality will be available soon. This particular situation needed help today so it was better to handle by e-mail. There will be a nominal charge for the lookups because there is a per-query charge from the National Portability Center run by Neustar.
I forwarded you the information to the e-mail address in your post. Let me know if you find anything interesting... I appreciate the offer to look up who currently has control of that number from an incoming perspective.

viadown
@cox.net

viadown to GardRail1

Anon

to GardRail1
Just wondering if any of those whose number was "taken" back by TB has had service returned yet. I have not, still get disconnect on incoming, although did finally get an email from VT about the situation and that they are working on it