spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Bamafan 1965

@pacbell.net

local hd channels - QAM on ctvea (cable tv of east alabama)

Before December 10, 2007 my HD local channels from ctvea were recordable on my digital tuner equipped HTPC. After December 10, they are no longer picked up by a channel scan. I have been working with Kevin (ctvea engineer) and he has been very helpful. However, I truly wonder if this is an intentional action by Mr. Greene to rent more $10 DVR boxes. It is very much against the law to encyrpt the local channels to prevent recording of channels that are sent in the clear. Right now I am evaluating the options, but I would like to hear if any one else is having a problem. The channels are:

106.1 nbc-wltz
106.2 cbs-wrbl
107.1 abc-wtvm
107.2 fox-wxtx

A note here is you do not have to get a ctvea Motorola box to get the HD channels from the local networks. The 'Must Carry' laws require they be carried in digital format as well. ESPN, ESPN2, TNT, and Discovery HD are premier programming and require a montly fee, but the locals are available to you in high def with the standard cable package. That is 95% of what I watch! I would love to hear from anyone who is also using their computer to record HD in east alabama that may be having the same issue.