Premium Member
join:2003-03-18
Riverside, CT

1 recommendation

Quip

Premium Member

[POLL] 2008 Wireless Service Provider

Welcome to "Provider Poll" v. 2008!

If you use more than one mobile device please vote for the provider you use the most often even if it's a data only device. I referenced last year's poll and changed Cingular to AT&T along with adding US Cellular. If I've missed your particular provider please vote other (either pre-paid or post-paid).

As always, the above list are providers in the United States and Canada, if you have service in another country with the same brand (T-Mobile UK for example), please vote "other."

This is the poll's sixth version with a new one posted every year.

Here's last year's: »[POLL] 2007 Wireless Service Provider

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Numquam oblita
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone

lilhurricane

Numquam oblita

Thanks Quip See Profile

...still Verizon, still happy "after all these years"

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer to Quip

Premium Member

to Quip
AT&T

I've been with them since it was called BellSouth Mobility. I have had some disagreements and problems with other AT&T/BellSouth services, but their cell phone (and before that pager) services have always worked great for me.

Now that 3G services are beginning to be available around here, it is even better since I can be on-line and talk simultaneously on the same phone.

en102
Canadian, eh?
join:2001-01-26
Valencia, CA

en102

I've been on AT&T since AT&T Wireless TDMA/AMPS days in SoCal. 3G works well, I just wish they had the old AT&T Wireless Canada roaming (North America package).

rbrussell82
join:2003-04-19
Elgin, IL

rbrussell82 to Quip

to Quip
Still with Sprint after 7+ years of great service. I've moved a few times and have had good coverage everywhere I've been, and had EVDO.

While customer service sucks, you can't beat the SERO plans, especially if they have good coverage in your area.

I've switched 3 other people over to Sprint within the last year and they've all been happy.

I just upgraded my Treo 700wx to a HTC Touch and couldn't be happier. After getting used to the keyboard, this is the best phone I've ever used, I plan on keeping it for a while.

Jehu
Premium Member
join:2002-09-13
MA

Jehu to Quip

Premium Member

to Quip
Switched to ATT from Verizon of many years (and no, not for an iPhone)

Been fine.

anwgo153
Premium Member
join:2002-04-08
Roselle Park, NJ

anwgo153 to Quip

Premium Member

to Quip
Tmobile!!!

MuDvAyNe
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY

MuDvAyNe to Quip

Premium Member

to Quip
Switched to Verizon after a good 4 years with Nextel. It's about time I can use internet and text messaging on my phone (Nextel plans are overpriced!)

BillRoland
Premium Member
join:2001-01-21
Ocala, FL

BillRoland to Quip

Premium Member

to Quip
Still with NEXTEL here. Coverage and voice quality are good in my area.

Phoneman63
join:2001-02-22
Hauppauge, NY

Phoneman63 to Quip

to Quip
Sprint Sero Plan
DarnellP
join:2004-10-12
Las Vegas, NV

DarnellP to Quip

to Quip
Still content with Sprint after 8.5+ years!
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32 to Quip

Premium Member

to Quip
Nextel x2 since 2003. Nextel for work, Nextel for personal.
Jim_in_VA (banned)
join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned) to Quip

to Quip
Just love that Sprint EVDO "unlimited" data plan
anthrorules
Premium Member
join:2003-09-14
Rollinsville, CO

anthrorules to Quip

Premium Member

to Quip
Still with AT&T after 8 years - best coverage for me at home (actually only coverage at home), work, and abroad (except for the five day trip when I was in Reno, NV area, no service outside the city).

free2scour
Go Rangers
join:2000-11-24
Charlotte, NC

free2scour to Quip

to Quip
Sprint SERO Plan......

danny9
Go Ahead, Make My Day
Premium Member
join:2002-07-14
Clinton Township, MI

danny9 to Quip

Premium Member

to Quip
AT@T
Been with them for about 8 yrs. now and the different name changes in between.
Always had great service with the phone as well as their customer service.

Frank
Premium Member
join:2000-11-03
somewhere

Frank to Quip

Premium Member

to Quip
Helio

pulp46
Premium Member
join:2003-01-28
canada

2 edits

pulp46 to Quip

Premium Member

to Quip
Love my HTC 6900 TOUCH on Bell Mobility's EVDO Rev-A! Fastest in Ontario, $7 unlimited data and tv broadcasts included!

-pulp "BOOOOBS AND SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!" 42

TheDreamer
join:2002-01-17
Overland Park, KS
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter ER-4
TP-Link EAP245
Obihai OBi200

TheDreamer to Quip

to Quip
I decided to vote "US Cellular", this is the provider of my work cell phone (for voice/sms)....which these days I'm using much more than my personal phone (a blackberry with Sprint, which I find that I pretty much only use for calendar and web).

My 2 years will be up in the fall...I may have to rethink whether I still need a blackberry and whether I'll stay with Sprint (their coverage at home is lacking, but more reliable than US Cellular....but at work I'm roaming on US Cellular).

I'd like to go back to T-Mobile....but they had no coverage at work (and poor coverage along the commute, but good coverage at home.)...and the former Cellular One coverage seems to have gone away (other GSM users have mentioned that they can no longer get any signal). Though there is talk of my employer signing a contract with Westlink for GSM, where they would install repeaters to provide coverage at work.

While AT&T has towers in the area, they won't sell service here.

The US Cellular at work is via repeater....(which is why Google Maps approximate location circle is no where near where work is

spanglo
Premium Member
join:2004-05-17
San Diego, CA

spanglo to Quip

Premium Member

to Quip
T-Mobile here.

I cancelled att awhile back because it is such a shady company.
Sorta surprised there's so many att folks here, but it is a BIG corporation w/ a large following, and people could seem to care less about company practices so long as they get good coverage.
Personally I wouldn't support them if their service cost 5 bucks a month, had perfect reception all the way to the moon, and a customer service that gave me a BJ everytime I called.

StreetSpirit
This spot reserved for Xenu.
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Roslyn, NY

StreetSpirit to Quip

Premium Member

to Quip
I switched from Sprint to Verizon around 2004. Still with Verizon and am happy with current plan.
jebba2005
join:2005-01-13
Portland, ME

jebba2005 to Quip

to Quip
With Sprint now and very happy. I was previously with ATT, and before them I with US Cellular. I have only been with Sprint a couple months. There is nothing bad for me to say. ATT dropped the most calls by a wide margin though overall service was good. I rarely had drops with US Cell. and Sprint has been very good, I don't recall a single dropped call since I switched.

iLive4Fusion
Premium Member
join:2006-07-13

iLive4Fusion to Quip

Premium Member

to Quip
Nextel iDEN's for the family. And AT&T for 3G phone

KamMan
join:2001-08-24
Bradenton, FL

KamMan to Quip

to Quip
I've been with Alltel for the past couple of years which is great here in FL. I am now on a company plan with AT&T which has been good but the service has been sporadic depending on where I am in the South parts of Fl., although I must say I am loving the I-phone!!!

HappyBunny9
Hi. Cram It.
Premium Member
join:2001-06-23
Long Beach, CA

HappyBunny9 to Quip

Premium Member

to Quip
T-Mobile--have had them almost two years, after two hellish years with Cingular. T-Mobile ROCKS!

anwgo153
Premium Member
join:2002-04-08
Roselle Park, NJ

anwgo153

Premium Member

said by HappyBunny9:

T-Mobile--have had them almost two years, after two hellish years with Cingular. T-Mobile ROCKS!
yup

fallingrock
join:2000-09-22
Schaumburg, IL

fallingrock to Quip

to Quip
Just switched from Verizon to AT&T (so I could get my wife and iPhones).

Wasn't unhappy with Verizon ... but wasn't overjoyed with it either.

ilikeme
Premium Member
join:2002-08-27
Stafford, TX

ilikeme to Quip

Premium Member

to Quip
I have had Houston Cellular/Cingular/At&t for almost 7.5 years now. My Dad still has a work provided Verizon Blackberry. Also, My friend is now paying me $40 per month to have his Virgin Mobile auto charge to my credit card each month since he doesn't have one.

jmorlan
Hmm... That's funny.
MVM
join:2001-02-05
Pacifica, CA

jmorlan to Quip

MVM

to Quip
Started with Cellular One which became AT&T Wireless which became Cingular which became AT&T again. Whew!

At least that's to the best of my memory.

Phoneman63
join:2001-02-22
Hauppauge, NY

Phoneman63 to Quip

to Quip
$30 Sprint Sero 500 plan is the $hit!