how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

inGearX
3.1415 9265

join:2000-06-11
New York

text to land line - how to send a voice message to a phone?

if you send a SMS to a non cell line - you will get a reply

quote:
"321-456-7890 is a landline #. Reply Y to send all TXT messages to this # as a voice message for $0.25/msg. + std msg fee. Details @ vtext.com, TexttoLandline.
but what I would want to do is to just send something like that to any line - even another cell line - if I do not want to call and speak in person...

Is there any to do this with existing Verizon or so or any online service that will do this for free of for a fee?

Thank you all...

burgerwars

join:2004-09-11
Northridge, CA

2 edits

With Virgin Mobile, if you text a landline, it will call the number and repeat what you typed to whoever answered. I tried it last week after buying a cheapo Marbl pre-paid phone on sale at Best Buy for $7.99. I'm unsure if there is any provider out there that will force the voice message even to another cell phone.

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

Sprint offers Text to voice for landline phones. but it has to be a landline. I tired it with a VoIP phone and it doesnt work. Also if the prefix of the landline is the same as a sprint number (they own) it won't work- at least for me it didnt.

Sprint has been doing this for about 2 years now with text to landline.

obeythelaw
Premium
join:2003-04-16
Bayonne, NJ
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to inGearX

Is what you trying to do is send a text mesage and then have it read aloud to the landline listener? I never knew you can do that, even for a fee. However, you can, for free, send a Voicemail to a landline phone without actually ringing the number. That way you don't have to talk to the other person on the other end.
--
Lets go Giants!!

C DM

join:2002-12-31

said by obeythelaw:

Is what you trying to do is send a text mesage and then have it read aloud to the landline listener? I never knew you can do that, even for a fee. However, you can, for free, send a Voicemail to a landline phone without actually ringing the number. That way you don't have to talk to the other person on the other end.
Actually that's how text to landline works--the text message is read as a "voice" message (most providers/carriers seem to offer that for a small messaging fee today). I think that is being asked about is how could this be done when another cell phone is used--basically sending a text message to a cell phone and instead of having it come in as a text message have it come in as a voice call, or perhaps a voicemail, where the text message is read out loud (by a computer) essentially.

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

Sprint does it as the fee for a regular text fee. You send it just like a regular text message. Just use the landline number as the "to" number.

inGearX
3.1415 9265

join:2000-06-11
New York
reply to inGearX

right actually I would want to do this as an e-mail from my blackberry to be read as a text to any line...