Search similar:

uniqs

Dogfather
Premium Member
join:2007-12-26
Laguna Hills, CA

Dogfather

Premium Member

Prepare for Comcast's laying of hands...

...on Insight customers' wallets. That's what happened when Comcast took over for ATTB back in the day. Some saw a quick 30% increase as Comcast non-CATV penalties suddenly applied.

dr3yec
join:2002-12-19

dr3yec

Yup expect price increases. Hate it for you guys. I got 6 weeks left on comcast network and I will say bye for ever. Woooohooooo!

CableTool
Poorly Representing MYSELF.
Premium Member
join:2004-11-12

CableTool to Dogfather

Premium Member

to Dogfather
said by Dogfather:

...on Insight customers' wallets. That's what happened when Comcast took over for ATTB back in the day. Some saw a quick 30% increase as Comcast non-CATV penalties suddenly applied.
They also saw speed increases and upgrades that were completed 2-3 years ahead of schedule.

Dogfather
Premium Member
join:2007-12-26
Laguna Hills, CA

4 edits

Dogfather

Premium Member

Who is "they", cause we certainly didn't. Non-CATV customers were passed over for the initial speed increases. We didn't see any speed increases for a very long time while other local markets (eg Time Warner and Cox) saw huge speed increases. And even when speed increases were finally implemented, we didn't get the same speeds as CATV customers despite paying the new 30-50% non-CATV penalty (eg, we got 4Mb when everyone else got 6Mb). Additionally, in my market, a former MediaOne market, we saw our upload speeds cut from 300kbps to 256kbps and our usenet service cut from unlimited use to 1GB/mo. And when non-CATV customers finally saw the 8Mb tier, LONG after everyone else, Comcast had raised the price to a whopping $71/mo ($67.95+$3 modem rental) while CATV customers paid $56. Video saw similar titanic price increases while channels were moved onto other "premier" tiers.

When Time Warner took over the 8mb non-CATV HSI price dropped from Comcast's $71/mo to $54.95/mo plus we got back unlimited usenet and nastygram free service. And since then Time Warner has doubled download speeds and tripled upload speeds, while still offering the no "phantom" caps service.

CableTool
Poorly Representing MYSELF.
Premium Member
join:2004-11-12

1 recommendation

CableTool

Premium Member

said by Dogfather:

Who is "they",
They would be the EX-ATTB area that I live and work in that was taken over about 6 or so years ago. The entire chicago market.