spc
Search similar:

uniqs
tew1165
join:2008-01-03
Chalfont, PA

tew1165

CN8 channel on FIOS in Philly area

Does anyone have any information on whether Verizon will be adding the CN8 channel to their fios service in the philly area? The channel is owned by Comcast but Verizon was able to wrestle Comcast's local sports channel from them for fios. Verizon is very cryptic about wheather they're trying to add it. Not that big a fan of the channel but Comcast does dump a number of Flyers, Sixers, and Phillies games on CN8 and it would be great if I could watch those games with my fios tv service.
knarf829
join:2007-06-02

knarf829

It's my understanding that CN8 does not fall under the terrestrial "loophole" as Comcast Sportsnet does. I wouldn't be expecting it any time soon.
tew1165
join:2008-01-03
Chalfont, PA

tew1165

Thanks for the update. For the record I feel duped by the fios sales reps. When I signed up for the service 6 months ago I was told that CN8 was in line to be added soon to the fios line-up. They also lied about some other channels that have not been added, and the avialablity of the MLB season pass. Now I'm stuck with the service for 2 years and Verizon could care less when I've called to complain. Oh well, I guess they have their money so who cares right?

GeekGirl1
Premium Member
join:2007-01-28
Morrisville, PA

1 edit

GeekGirl1 to tew1165

Premium Member

to tew1165
One small conciliation is that Comcast-HD is showing the Bruins vs. Capitals tonight at 7:30 PM. Don't know if it will be in wide-screen or HD. They do that once in a blue moon.

Also, Thursday night is HDNet hockey. 8 PM game tonight. Wild vs. Stars. HDNet gives Comcast-HD a run for the money in PQ. Outstanding. I like the "sights-n-sounds" in which the announcers just stop talking and I can listen to the crowd.

Update: Make that a very small conciliation. Bruins / Caps game is in SD.
mtyson227
join:2008-01-01
West Grove, PA

mtyson227 to tew1165

to tew1165
The game was on, but not in HD or widescreen tonight...oh well. At least the home Flyers games look great.