All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
pypo
join:2008-01-07

pypo

[General] ATT DSL Service Contract

Could one of you ATT DSL customers post your DSL Service Contract. I would like to see what it says in legaleze about speeds promised. This is for an article. The internet service providers seem to be taking excessive liberty with their advertising about throughput. Like "up to" might include "0" too. There ARE laws and regulations at the FTC about this kind of thing. I'd like to dig a little deeper and take them to task if necessary.

Thanks.
tonydi
Premium Member
join:2001-05-11
San Jose, CA

tonydi

Premium Member

I believe you're looking for this...

»edit.client.yahoo.com/cs ··· page=tos

babylon5
join:2008-01-15

babylon5 to pypo

to pypo
Hello Pypo:

Recently, I made a complaint with AT&T and below is the e-mail thread from one of their associates:

Greetings xxxxxx,

Thank you for your recent email requesting a credit for not receiving the speed range for your AT&T Yahoo! High Speed Internet service. I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced. I will be happy to review your account.

The speed range of your AT&T Yahoo! High Speed Internet service is based on the distance between your home and the DSL-equipped Central office or Gateway, as well as the condition of your line. The actual speed achieved will vary due to factors such as Internet congestion and the wiring inside your home. There is no guarantee that you will achieve the maximum speed in the speed range. AT&T attempts to provide you with the highest speed possible given the variety of circumstances.

You have requested a refund due to your DSL speed. When you signed up for AT&T Yahoo! High Speed Internet services you agreed to a set of Terms of Service which addressed such issues. Please review the excerpt below covering service levels:

"AT&T YAHOO! MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SERVICE AND/OR SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE SERVICE AND/OR SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE (FOR EXAMPLE BUT WITHOUT LIMITATION, SBC YAHOO! DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOU WILL ALWAYS RECEIVE EMAILS ADDRESSED TO YOU), (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE AND/OR SOFTWARE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE AND/OR SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND ANY ERRORS IN THE SERVICE AND/OR SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED."

According with these Terms and Conditions, I am unable to provide any type of refund. For complete information on our Terms of Service, please go to the site below:

»www.sbc.yahoo.com/terms

If I can be of any further assistance, please reply directly to this email.

Thank you for using AT&T. We appreciate your business and continued loyalty.

Regards,

Cynthia
Your AT&T Customer Service Representative

To receive regular AT&T email communications, special offers, and handy online tips please visit: »att.com/up2speed

NOTICE: Based on the information you provided, our understanding of your request, and currently available data, we will address your inquiry to the best of our ability. Please note that prices, terms, and conditions are subject to change, and in the event of a discrepancy, prices, terms and conditions in any applicable tariffs govern.
(c) 2007 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T and the AT&T logo are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property.

On 1/14/08 8:29 AM, xxxxxxx wrote:
To: ATT_1WE@att.com
Customer Name:
Email Address:
Street:
City:
State:
Zip:
Phone Number:
Alternate Phone Number:
Customer Code: XXX

Email Tracking Number: 7783265

Question/Comment:
Request For Service Credit On DSL Elite

Additional Information:
To AT&T Customer Service:

Good morning. On Friday, January 11, 2008, I contacted DSL technical support and had me ran a speed test using your link: »help.sbcglobal.net/dsl/speedtest. The results for the download speed is less underneath the acceptable range for the plan that I was paying for AT&T High Speed Internet Elite which is supposed to be between 3.72 Mbps to 6.144 Mbps. According to the technician (xxxxxxx), there was nothing wrong with the line coming into my house; but the problem was determined to be that the circuit profile needed to be adjusted to allow this type of download speed of between 3.72 Mbps to 6.144 Mbps. The troubleshoot ticket number is NP95MC99

I looked back at my bills and I have been paying for AT&T High Speed Internet Elite since October 25, 2006 but I was not getting the acceptable speed range for my service that I paid for. Therefore, I am formally requesting for a refund or credit starting with October 25, 2006.

Thank you.
T - AT&T Inc.
Search the Web | Search News

AT&T does not want to compensate me for not delivering on their advertised speed. The reason is that AT&T did not update my circuit profile to accomodate for this type of speed. Shouldn't AT&T bear some sort of responsiblity?

I would like to know your thoughts as well as everyone else's thoughts on this matter.

Thanks

Babylon5

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

You have had a problem since October 25, 2006, but only recently tried to act on it?

If I was inclined to offer credit, I'd start a clock running from the time the problem was brought to my attention, and only credit the account from that point forward. And then only if I couldn't rectify the problem in 30 days, tops. At which point I'd also downgrade the service to the tier which best matches what you are getting. But it isn't up to me to call that shot.