share rss forum feed

Rombus
Premium
join:2007-04-11
Goodwater, AL
reply to ankanoju

Re: [TWC] Time Warner Navigator

said by ankanoju:

Is there not a single TWC executive that uses their DVR and realizes what a piece of junk it is and says we can do better?

The fact that you cannot save the location of partially watched programs is just embarrassing.
Unfortunately this whole Navigator idea got started by some executive going "Damn, we can do better! We will even do it in house to save money and roll out features quicker!"

NY11102

@rr.com

said by Rombus:

said by ankanoju:

Is there not a single TWC executive that uses their DVR and realizes what a piece of junk it is and says we can do better?

The fact that you cannot save the location of partially watched programs is just embarrassing.
Unfortunately this whole Navigator idea got started by some executive going "Damn, we can do better! We will even do it in house to save money and roll out features quicker!"
Quicker?? TWC started rolling out Mystro like a year ago and Mystro still sucks really bad! Quicker ha ha!

TWC should have copied all the features that Passport Echo has and add new ones. Having Mystro as the NEWEST software is really frustrating!

Rombus
Premium
Goodwater, AL

Let me clarify here:
Currently, Aptiv digital makes Passport. When ever TWC wanted to launch a new feature, such as caller ID on tv, Start over, etc., We had to go to Aptiv and have them develop it for us. That takes time and money.

TWC decided some time ago to develop there own guide software, called Mystro. Its developed in house, meaning we don't have to pay Aptiv for development and licensing. TWC couldn't just use Passport as a code base since thats copyright infringement. Mystro is a ground up rebuild of the guide, hence there is the tweaking and bug issues they are running into now.

Trust me, its come FAR since it went into employee testing in our division. Was it ready to be launched to the general public? IMHO No, but i don't get to voice an opinion on those kind of decisions

ankanoju

join:2004-06-16
Delmar, NY

said by Rombus:

Let me clarify here:
Currently, Aptiv digital makes Passport. When ever TWC wanted to launch a new feature, such as caller ID on tv, Start over, etc., We had to go to Aptiv and have them develop it for us. That takes time and money.
There is NO EXCUSE for any DVR today not to remember the location of a partially watched program. The reason is simple, Time Warner does not want to pay to have this "feature" added. Everything TWC does is to maximize their profits.

Rombus
Premium
Goodwater, AL

That feature is already there, At least it is on the passport echo software. Ill check a mystro box later today and let you know.

ankanoju

join:2004-06-16
Delmar, NY

said by Rombus:

That feature is already there, At least it is on the passport echo software. Ill check a mystro box later today and let you know.
Thanks for checking, but it doesn't really matter to me. MY DVR does not have this basic capability.