Search similar:

uniqs
neufuse
join:2006-12-06
James Creek, PA

1 edit

neufuse

Well it happened... large digital downloads

Well I warned about this earlier in the year and everyone dismissed it as yeah right... but today at CES Microsoft announced that it will make available movies and TV shows in MPEG4 for download... each coming in at full resolution and high quality (something that the current ones don't offer) the downloads will come in 20-50GB each! per movie... and 3-6GB per TV show depending on length... they also signed deals with MGM, disney and ABC for this high definition content... comcast will love this...

and outside of comcast MS signed a deal to make the XBOX360 a set top box in england for IPTV... you can purchase the "box" from British Telecom...
sadatoni
join:2006-04-24
Lewis Center, OH

sadatoni

So much for low latency.

dadkins
Can you do Blu?
MVM
join:2003-09-26
Hercules, CA

dadkins to neufuse

MVM

to neufuse
Any word on pricing?
Library?
Restrictions?
Format?

Got Link?
IGGY9
No Guru Just Here To Help
Premium Member
join:2001-03-30
Chatham, IL

IGGY9 to neufuse

Premium Member

to neufuse
I think this is covered in the frontpage news from today.

»Xbox 360 As IPTV Set Top [45] comments

»Comcast, Panasonic Unveil Portable DVR [15] comments
plat2on1
join:2002-08-21
Hopewell Junction, NY

plat2on1 to neufuse

to neufuse
source on these 20-50gb downloads? i watched the keynote and all they mentioned was expanding the existing library

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA

pflog

MVM

said by plat2on1:

source on these 20-50gb downloads? i watched the keynote and all they mentioned was expanding the existing library
Seeing as how the xbox 360 doesn't even have 50gb of storage (at least without external drives or hacking), I don't see how this could be true. And if it's streaming, they'd need like 5-6Mbit/s just for a 20GB 1 hour movie. Something's not right...
LetterD
join:2002-05-03
East Lansing, MI

LetterD to neufuse

to neufuse
Xbox 360's have max 120GB HD capacity. You can get them new with this much HD:

»www.newegg.com/Product/P ··· 68105001

Or add a 120GB drive to a 360 with no or a smaller HD:

»www.newegg.com/Product/P ··· 74103062

FYI.
neufuse
join:2006-12-06
James Creek, PA

neufuse to plat2on1

to plat2on1
This wasn't a keynotes announcement, it was announced at the XBOX event
neufuse

neufuse to pflog

to pflog
actually they have 120GB drives now and rumor has it there are larger ones coming out... but dont look at me i'm just saying what I heard from CES...
plat2on1
join:2002-08-21
Hopewell Junction, NY

plat2on1

said by neufuse:

actually they have 120GB drives now and rumor has it there are larger ones coming out... but dont look at me i'm just saying what I heard from CES...
we are looking at you because you seem to be the only person making these incredible claims

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA

pflog to neufuse

MVM

to neufuse
said by neufuse:

Ok, but even a 120GB drive is a whopping 2 movies Just doesn't add up. I'm not saying it's completely out of the question. But MS certainly would have to charge a premium if they start throwing 500GB+ drives in the 360s.

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

Sunny to IGGY9

to IGGY9
said by IGGY9:

I think this is covered in the frontpage news from today.

»Xbox 360 As IPTV Set Top [45] comments

»Comcast, Panasonic Unveil Portable DVR [15] comments
Yes, there is the option to discuss it there or, if your concern is high bandwidth use as a Comcast customer, that discussion belongs here ---> »Comcast Bandwidth Abuse/Limits - Discuss here only