Parsonsburg, MD
kudos:1
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·Comcast
reply to sansri88

Re: Lol

said by sansri88:

I can't even get DSL at my place. No FiOS yet either. I guess I'm stuck with Comcast for the time being
I feel your pain.

I'd buy this in a heartbeat if I could get DSL in my area.
--

Ö¿Ö
The Rules of Spam | Maryland's Newest Anti-Spam Law
Where are we going? And what's with the hand basket?

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA

Yeah $5 more a month, 4mbs more downstream.

3mb/384k verizon's only real package could use a minor bump in speed.

Cogdis

join:2007-03-26
Floral Park, NY
reply to newview

What about a contract?
I want to drop TWC to get a little more upload, but only if I can switch to fios when they switch it on. No point in being locked into an old technology.

sansri88
digital is here
Premium
join:2005-12-17
New York, NY
reply to newview

Sad thing about my situation is, I live in a suburban environment and I can't get DSL. I can imagine someone out in the middle of no where not getting it, but look at where I am! The fifth largest township in NJ. Reasoning--too far from the CO.

rideboarder
welcome to the social
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Snohomish, WA
reply to Mike

the upload speed is 768k for the 3MB tier.

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA

I'm certainly not seeing it... I'll ask them and see what's going on.

ashworth

join:2001-10-06
Pittsburgh, PA
reply to sansri88

If you're in VZ territory, chances are you'll be getting FiOS before anything else... It will only be a matter of time(12-36mo), before all off NJ is FTTP..At least you'll be in the pipeline for the future.

zoom314

join:2005-11-21
Yermo, CA
Reviews:
·DSL EXTREME
·Time Warner Cable
reply to newview

I'm getting 6M/768K right now from Verizon, Of course I'm 8890' from the CO , And It's only $8.00 more than what I was paying for the 3M/768K , I only wish the upload were double.
--
(25.92GHz crunching for SETI with the PC Perspective Killer Frogs)

sansri88
digital is here
Premium
join:2005-12-17
New York, NY
reply to ashworth

Yup, I'm VZ territory--former Bell Atlantic. FiOS is in all the townships around me, I hear this spring we're getting it.

Ulmo

join:2005-09-22
Aptos, CA

said by sansri88:

Yup, I'm VZ territory--former Bell Atlantic. FiOS is in all the townships around me, I hear this spring we're getting it.
As consumer internet offerings go, that's a short time away (if true).

shashinka

join:2000-09-16
West Boylston, MA
reply to Cogdis

you can sign up for DSL and once they install FIOS they will switch you over. They don't want to keep you on copper if you have fiber (less maintenance costs).

wdoa

join:2001-10-16
Spencer, MA
reply to ashworth

said by ashworth:

If you're in VZ territory, chances are you'll be getting FiOS before anything else.
Unless you are in Masachusetts where Verizon is in a pissing match with the state and refuses to extend FIOS in the state beyond their current FIOS footprint.

VZ Guy

@myvzw.com
reply to sansri88

Unfortunately DSL is a distance technology and not a straight line distance. It is actual distance of the wire so if it is routed around your neighborhood and you are at the end of the line, you may not be able to get or get degraded speeds. However, VZ was not running any new fiber at the end of '07 because budgets were used and quotas achieved. They will be out running new fiber and lighting up wherever they can as of the new year '08 which is good news for the remainder of NJ. 11 new S NJ communities just lit up. »www.verizon.com/nj

jubangy
Premium
join:2005-03-26
Corry, PA
reply to Cogdis

said by Cogdis:

What about a contract?
I want to drop TWC to get a little more upload, but only if I can switch to fios when they switch it on. No point in being locked into an old technology.
According to the signup page, when Fios becomes available they will automatically switch you.

studabak

@att.net
reply to sansri88

Greetings : I have similar frustration..... Cable is here but costly, as is satellite, and wireless..... 600 feet from Hwy. DSL is running down that trunk to/from next town....... and I can't have it because the line I'm on in that same trunk is over 12,000 feet from its hub station...... yet my friend in Oklahoma with Pioneer Telephone 30 miles from town just got DSL before Christmas...... I just have to wonder if some of us are being treated fourth rate in a third world way on purpose......