join:2006-04-14
Gautier, MS
Reviews:
·Vonage
·CableOne

1 edit
reply to Doctor Olds

Re: ATT

Not to mention our upload speeds are different as well (512 kbits). With that being said, however, any user on 6.0 within Bellsouth territory gets the FULL 6 meg download (Assuming the line conditions are proficient and up to par, as well as the servers you're downloading from). 6 meg customers will sync at an 8 meg data rate, but will be able to download at 6 mbits per sec. It's a little something called Maxsync.
--
I have achieved 3 meg , fastpath sync on a 15,700 ft. 26 ga copper line. =]

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium,VIP
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30
kudos:18
said by Pashune:

6 meg customers will sync at an 8 meg data rate, but will be able to download at 6 mbits per sec. It's a little something called Maxsync.
Not all 6 Meg customers sync at 8 Meg. That is 100% impossible.

And MaxSync has caused numerous problems for many people as seen by the multitude of posts in the Bellsouth Forum with people begging to be taken off of it. They rightly post that their previously perfect DSL is no longer stable due to MaxSync.
--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?

Pashune
Caps stifle innovation
Premium
join:2006-04-14
Gautier, MS
Reviews:
·Vonage
·CableOne
Hahahah, I recall doing that.

I realize I also should have noted that not all 6 meg customers will sync at 8 meg due to loop length, line noise, etc...

Is that better?
--
I have achieved 3 meg , fastpath sync on a 15,700 ft. 26 ga copper line. =]