Premium Member
join:2001-08-24
Boston, MA

1 edit

1 recommendation

MPScan to flatline_

Premium Member

to flatline_

Re: List of best 10 year old cars (1998 models)?

said by flatline_:

The 4th generation Nissan Maxima is definitely one of the most reliable import cars ever produced. There's a reason why its engine has been on Wards top ten for an eternity!

I have a '95, and it truly is a wonderful car. At the moment, you can grab a '98 for anywhere between $4,000 and $6,000 with leather, sunroof, automatic climate control, heated seats, etc. 120-130 miles is typically considered low for these cars as they tend to run well over the 200k mark. Good luck in your car search!

I swear by these cars. I've owned two 4th Gen's, a 95 and a 98, and all had no problems at all and well over 200K miles on them. The VQ engine is just about as close to rock solid as you're gonna get.

I now have an '07 Maxima, and love it, but miss the 4th gen's.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

KrK

Premium Member

Mind enlightening me as to what a "4th Gen Maxima" is?

flatline_
join:2003-01-18

flatline_

said by KrK:

Mind enlightening me as to what a "4th Gen Maxima" is?
Apologies, I should have been more clear on that. The 4th gen maxima was produced from 1995-1999. The only significant changes between 95/96 and 97-99 were made with respect to the trunk lid, front bumper, grille and rear bumper.

Jeff
Connoisseur of leisurely things
Premium Member
join:2002-12-24
GMT -5

Jeff to MPScan

Premium Member

to MPScan
said by MPScan:
said by flatline_:

The 4th generation Nissan Maxima is definitely one of the most reliable import cars ever produced. There's a reason why its engine has been on Wards top ten for an eternity!

I have a '95, and it truly is a wonderful car. At the moment, you can grab a '98 for anywhere between $4,000 and $6,000 with leather, sunroof, automatic climate control, heated seats, etc. 120-130 miles is typically considered low for these cars as they tend to run well over the 200k mark. Good luck in your car search!

I swear by these cars. I've owned two 4th Gen's, a 95 and a 98, and all had no problems at all and well over 200K miles on them. The VQ engine is just about as close to rock solid as you're gonna get.

I now have an '07 Maxima, and love it, but miss the 4th gen's.
I had an 04 Max and I now have an 07--parents have a 1998, friend has a 1997---both are rock solid. The 1998 has 150,000 miles and the 1997 has about 100,000. Both are rock solid, no engine, tranny, or electircal issues. They're tanks.