uniqs

adsldude

join:2000-11-10
Colorado

adsldude to mirageimperial

to mirageimperial

Re: Siemens SE5940 Router

said by mirageimperial :

...However, I just have to find out how to crack the username and password since the credentials aren't set to the defaults either. Tried superuser/admin and it's invalid....
okitismine See Profile and Doctor Olds See Profile both mentioned the secret. Take an old ethernet cable, cut off one of the ends, strip all 8 wires, twist them together so they are all grounded to each other, insert into the console port, reboot the router. That will reset the router to factory settings and the superuser/admin combo will work.

Good luck!

mirageimperial

Anon

Well I tried the cut ethernet secret and it brings me to a menu with 9 options. 1) Retry startup 2) Boot from flash 3) boot from network 4) boot from file 5) config boot system 6) set date and time 7) set console baud rate 8) start extended diagnostics 9) reboot

Tried 1 and 2, both bring me to login and defaults didn't work. Chose 5, configuring the address to default address but still can't connect to html interface.

The steps i take are: Connect cut off ethernet cable to console port on router, reboot router, power led on green-test led blinking green, disconnected cut ethernet cable and connected console cable hit enter which brings me to the 9 option menu. i didn't find anything in this menu to change defaults or password. when retrying startup (option 1) just boots to flash memory and defaults password don't work. caps lock isnt' on either, lol. i know the username is still superuser though. when i tried other usernames, it'd say invalid username, however when i tried superuser and differen passwords, would only get invalid password.

Am I missing a step somewhere, what option and I'm not looking at?

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

Click for full size
It sounds like you are missing the kernel.

mirageimperial

Anon

Well since you said that, I went on my journey to find kernel's and firmware for the router and found some other forums that seemed to help and get me closer to connecting. Low and behold reading one of the forums said something about a reset buttong on a 5861 and all of a sudden I had this huge light bulb turn on above my head. Well ofcourse there is a little stupid reset button in the back, pushed it, router rebooted right to defaults and now I'm connected. Don't I feel like a goof and now you can all laugh at me.

I guess thats what I get for jumping into buying a router and trying to figure it out learning on the fly.

Thanks again for everybodys help, greatly appreciated and learned alot.