dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
paul238
join:2005-07-09

paul238

DI-624 - where to get the firmware updates?

Well my router just crashed (sigh, fourth router in 2 years - is there any stable router?)

So I wanted to do the "crash recovery" - but for that I need a firmware (update).. Yet I can't find any, the ftps of the official sites simply don't load (the actual zip from the ftp server)... And pinging these servers also causes problems (100% loss), just like trying to connect with filezilla.

So any other way to get an official (safe) firmware?

Airwolf
Premium Member
join:2001-10-30
Windsor, ON

Airwolf

Premium Member

What revision is the router?
paul238

paul238

I believe D2G... (though the image which should explain the revision doesn't load either, but all other 3 revision names aren't on the back)

it says something like:

P/N xxxxx.D2G

Airwolf
Premium Member
join:2001-10-30
Windsor, ON

Airwolf

Premium Member

»support.dlink.ca/product ··· 4%5FrevD
paul238

paul238

well apart from that my country (the netherlands) isn't located at that page, the ftp/download links simply don't load for me

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

If you can't get FTP to work, you probably have a firewall or other security/configuration problem.

Since HTTP seems to work for you (since you are able to reach this site), try going to »tsd.dlink.com.tw/ and make sure that you have JavaScript enabled in your browser (otherwise the HTTP downloads from that site won't work either).

slpip3
join:2007-02-20
Springfield, VA

slpip3 to paul238

to paul238
Here are the D2G firmwares from TW.
slpip3

slpip3 to paul238

to paul238
These are the firmwares from UK site.

jimdandy45
@embarqhsd.net

jimdandy45 to paul238

Anon

to paul238
I have a Ver C of the DI-624. I have tried to download from the D-Link website, but nothing happens. They list 2.76 as the latest version of the firmware. All I get is a popup for registration, but never get a download started. whether or not I register it. I realize it is an older model by today's standards, but . . .
Any suggestions for a different download site? One that works. There was an alternate site that I did find, but the latest was v2.53DE - German I guess.

slpip3
join:2007-02-20
Springfield, VA

slpip3

»ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Gateway/di ··· irmware/

Here are the 624C firmwares.
tqhoang
join:2006-01-25

tqhoang to jimdandy45

to jimdandy45
Here's the very latest firmware 2.76b13 (to my knowledge) for the DI-624 revC. Works fine here, but I'm not sure if it has the some UPnP bug that doesn't appear in the 2.75b2...YMMV.

»ftp://ftp.dlink.ru/pub/Router/ ··· /Rev%20C
»ftp://ftp.dlink.ru/pub/Router/ ··· _013.rar

BTW, ignore the firmware's date embedded in the firmware itself. It's not really from Jan 11, 2006...should be 2007.
SpectreToo
join:2003-01-13
Chipley, FL

SpectreToo to paul238

to paul238
I've gone back to v.2.70 after trying most of the newer ones. I have an all D-link network, DI-624 Routher w/ext. antenna, DWL-G520 PCI Card, DWL-G132 USB Adaptor, a DSM-600 Network Storage, and a DSM-320 Media Lounge.

The 2.70 version never drops connection even during large file transfers of DVD movie files while the newer and newest verion constantly drops conncection whether transferring files manually or using SyncToy2.

Maybe most of you are not having trouble with the newer versions but they have been nothing but a hassle for me. I'm not sure what "improvements" I'm missing out on by sticking with the old version but at least it stays connected.