uniqs
share rss forum feed

jtudor
Xm 60's On 6 Freak
Premium,MVM
join:2002-12-07
Morganton, NC

[Cable] Sound problem Fox Football

I cannot figure this problem out, does anyone have any idea what the problem is?

On one TV at my in-laws house, While watching NFL on Fox, the only sound I get during the game is crowd noise and the officials wireless mikes. Commercials and promos all have normal sound. During the game broadcast I cannot hear the commentators.

On another TV in the same house, the sound is normal.

Both are on cable with S/A boxes.

I have checked every audio setting on the TV and nothing makes any difference. This seems to be the only channel this happens on. Football on CBS or NBC is fine. Other programming on this tv has no problems either.

Any suggestions are welcome.
--
Best of luck

"Do, or Do not, there is no try!" Yoda

wings10
I Am Legend
Premium
join:2004-06-09
South Elgin, IL
Maybe the cable box from that set is going bad?

Greg_Z
Premium
join:2001-08-08
Springfield, IL
It is probably settings. If the cable box is going bad, no sound would be heard, or cut in and out. Jtudor, is the box hooked up to a A/V Surround sound, if not, what model & manu of TVset?

jtudor
Xm 60's On 6 Freak
Premium,MVM
Morganton, NC
It is connected using the RF output of the cable box to the TV, and the TV is on Channel 4.

It is a Toshiba TV. Not sure of the model its about 5 years old, and is a 32 inch model.

No surround sound, that's too complicated for the in-laws. Just using the built in sound.
--
Best of luck

Greg_Z
Premium
join:2001-08-08
Springfield, IL
Find out the model and check Toshiba's website if not near the set to see if someone changed a setting to SAP or levelsound. It can be something as simple that is causing the problem.

jayhawk89

@allegiance.tv
You're not the only one: I've had the same problem with a Sanyo tv during three seperate games.

jtudor
Xm 60's On 6 Freak
Premium,MVM
Morganton, NC
The really funny thing is the sound works great on everything else. NFL on CBS is fine and everything else on FOX works fine.

In tonight's game we had sound from all the commentators during the pregame and halftime, it was just when they switched to the game announcers that all we got was crown noise.
--
Best of luck

Rombus
Premium
join:2007-04-11
Goodwater, AL
Check the SAP settings, i've noticed with some games, turning SAP on just gives you crowd noise instead of the nothing it usually gives you.

jtudor
Xm 60's On 6 Freak
Premium,MVM
Morganton, NC
Now here is what is really funny. I checked all the settings, including SAP. Everything is where is should be, but something is seriously screwed up.

During the Superbowl when Fox went to the field and the game announcers, we got the Spanish announcers. Commercials were in English, halftime and pregame commentary was in English, but the game itself was in Spanish.

Very weird.
--
Best of luck

Rombus
Premium
join:2007-04-11
Goodwater, AL
have you checked SAP on both the TV and the cable box?

jtudor
Xm 60's On 6 Freak
Premium,MVM
Morganton, NC
Indeed I have. I have tried every available combination of settings.

Had the same problem on the FOX race Sat night.
--
Best of luck

MysticGogeta
The Robot Devil
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Katy, TX
Move the cable box to another TV if it does the same thing you know what the problem is.
--
Team Discovery-Join the fight

jtudor
Xm 60's On 6 Freak
Premium,MVM
Morganton, NC
Problem now solved.

The cable box had a (fairly well hidden) menu to enable or disable SAP and it was enabled.

That was what I thought was happening, but I could not find the setting.
--
Best of luck