uniqs
share rss forum feed

PoloDude
Premium,VIP
join:2006-03-29
Northport, NY
kudos:3

EZ pass use on a u-haul

Can i use an ezpass from my personal car on a uhaul in the same class. smallest uhaul under 8600lbs 2 axel 4 wheel.

s bassaw

join:2006-06-11
New Rochelle, NY
I don't see why not. I mean, I use my EZ-Pass between my work car and my personal car. I just ordered a second set of windshield mounts. In your case, I guess you could hold it up when going through the toll.

ZOG321
Premium
join:2003-10-22
Slingerlands, NY
reply to PoloDude
That is a big NO. Check out EZPass' website and the answer is there.

PoloDude
Premium,VIP
Northport, NY
I looked there and could not find that. Could you get the link?

ZOG321
Premium
Slingerlands, NY

EZ going fella

@verizon.net
reply to PoloDude
»www.e-zpassny.com/static/terms/ind_tc.shtml

quote:
5 Violations

If you use the Tag when your Account is in a negative balance, suspended or revoked, or after the Tag has been reported lost or stolen, you may: incur administrative fees of up to $50 per occurrence; be charged the full, undiscounted charge; and/or be asked to surrender the Tag to E-ZPass via certified mail or to plaza personnel.

If you use the Tag in a vehicle other than one of the class for which the Tag is designated, you may incur administrative fees of up to $50 per occurrence and/or be asked to surrender the Tag to E-ZPass via certified mail or to plaza personnel. Such continued misuse may result in revocation of your Account.

ZOG321
Premium
Slingerlands, NY
reply to ZOG321
You may use the Tag on the vehicle(s) specifically listed on your Application.

whizkid3
Premium,MVM
join:2002-02-21
Queens, NY
kudos:9

4 edits
No - you can't (unless you don't get caught).

Its a one-ton truck at the least (carries 1 ton or over). Forget about how many wheels and axles or its gross weight.

The toll fee - at least on the TBB&TA bridges and tunnels is double that for passenger vehicles, and the truck is very easily recongnizable as one ton or greater. Its bigger than a Ford E-350 or F-350, and these are one-ton trucks. (These can be easily spotted by the first digit of the VIN number, or the hub on the rear wheels.) Its a different toll, and therefore different class.

Look at the payload.

quote:
If you use the Tag in a vehicle other than one of the class for which the Tag is designated, you may incur administrative fees of up to $50 per occurrence and/or be asked to surrender the Tag to E-ZPass via certified mail or to plaza personnel. Such continued misuse may result in revocation of your Account.

Nick
Purveyor of common sense
Premium,VIP,MVM
join:2000-10-29
Smithtown, NY
reply to PoloDude
If you use the Tag in a vehicle other than one of the class for which the Tag is designated
Key here being class. You can swap your EZPass between 4 door sedans all month long. Try slapping it on an RV and you'll get that 50$ fine. I hate the EZPass website but if you dig long and hard you'll eventually find what the individual classifications are.

You can also add a license plate to your account for your UHaul, but don't forget to remove it once you're done so when people run a toll plaza they don't match it to your account.

When I rent for work I take my EZPass into my rental.
--
Stupidity, like hydrogen, is one of the basic building blocks of the Universe.

Gallery * Life * Work

PoloDude
Premium,VIP
Northport, NY
This is what i am trying to figure out. It is in the same class (under 8600lbs) I dont own the pass and would be borrowing it. I have done it before but just used it on a another car.

Nick
Purveyor of common sense
Premium,VIP,MVM
Smithtown, NY
reply to PoloDude
And completely off-topic.
You guys ever thought of marrying your avatars? They seem to be doing the same exact dance!

whizkid3
Premium,MVM
Queens, NY

2 edits
reply to PoloDude
said by PoloDude:

It is in the same class (under 8600lbs).
I guess you don't get it; or didn't read my post.

It is not in the same class. It is (larger than) a one-ton truck. The toll is double. Your borrowed EZpass will only charge you the toll for a passenger sedan. It couldn't be more simple.

Go ahead - use it and see what happens.

whizkid3
Premium,MVM
Queens, NY

1 edit
reply to Nick
said by Nick:

You guys ever thought of marrying your avatars? They seem to be doing the same exact dance!
I guess you've never heard of Calvin and Hobbes?

Nick
Purveyor of common sense
Premium,VIP,MVM
Smithtown, NY

1 recommendation

said by whizkid3:

said by Nick:

I guess you've never heard of Calvin and Hobbes?
Puts on his dunce hat for the night....
--
Stupidity, like hydrogen, is one of the basic building blocks of the Universe.

Gallery * Life * Work

joako
Premium
join:2000-09-07
/dev/null
kudos:6
reply to PoloDude
Here in Florida they are so slack with the SunPass. I have one SunPass transponder and two cars well I've discovered over time that all they need is your tag number on file so if you go through the toll and for whatever reason the transponder "doesn't register" they just take a picture of your tag and deduct just the toll from your account. I've even gone through the toll booth without a transponder and then called them to add the tag to the account and had no problem with that (it takes them WEEKS to process those tag pictures) was just charged the normal toll.
--
Am Heimcomputer sitz' ich hier, und programmier' die Zukunft mir

CurtesyFlush
Bababooey, fafafooey, tatatoothy.
Premium
join:2002-08-23
Fontana, CA
kudos:2
Same here with The Toll Roads (as they're stupidly known). Difference is, if you go through without a transponder on the car assigned to your account or you're sitting on it, you don't get the 50 cent discount every time you pass under a transmitter. That adds up on my trips into OC as I pass under
6 per round trip.

removed
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-08
Houston, TX
kudos:40
reply to joako
said by joako:

Here in Florida they are so slack with the SunPass.
Very true. I used my boss's SunPass with my personal car for two weeks and had absolutely no problems. I'm only in town two weeks at a time, a few times per year, so it makes no sense for them to buy a SunPass just for me.

PoloDude
Premium,VIP
Northport, NY
I asked the guy in the toll booth @ the Throgs neck bridge. If the GVW is over 7001 lbs it is in a different class and then charged me $10 toll. A car is $4.50 All other tolls on the way down thru VA were the same as a car.