Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

sfernan

join:2005-01-10
Canada

Outage on Jan 13 ?

Hello Acanac,

I am currently testing your ISP using a trial account. So far it has been stable since I began using it on Jan 01. However, this past weekend on Sun Jan 13 around 2 AM, I lost connectivity. Initially, I thought the account had expired. But I was able to log in the next morning.

DO you know of any outages on Jan 13 (Sunday) around 2 AM. If yes, was it scheduled?

Thanks

Acanac Inc
Premium
join:2007-03-05
Mississauga, ON

Hello,

yes, bell has been having some issues in the last few days within certain areas. This may have been the issue. We saw a drop accross all Bell networks at about the same time. It came back online within a few min but please check your modem settings to make sure if it looses connectivity it will reconnect automatically.

Sandro H.

sfernan

join:2005-01-10
Canada

Thanks Sandro for the quick response. SInce I was on a work-related call at that time, I quickly changed to my BELL acct and everything was fine there. Thats why I raised the question.

On another note, how frequently does ACANAC do upgrades or maintenance ? And what time and duration do you normally carry out these outages ?? Is there an email notification sent out?

Thanks

Acanac Inc
Premium
join:2007-03-05
Mississauga, ON

1 edit

Hello,

Upgrades can range at any time. Depends. Some weeks we do it frequently if we are working with some new hardware other times we go months and months without touching anything. Normally when we do some upgrades its at 4 or 5 am in the morning while everyone is sleeping. Also keep in mind that most upgrades don't affect most people only a few where the upgrade is taking place.