spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Last Parade
join:2002-10-07
Port Colborne, ON

Last Parade

Bell sucks

Honestly, I've been stood up twice now by Bell to get Acanac installed at my new place. How many days do I need to take off work before their passive-agressiveness wears off?

Canaca
Premium Member
join:2007-03-05
Mississauga, ON

Canaca

Premium Member

Hello,

It is not a great idea to take days off work. Bell works even in the evenings so basically you should schedule a time for them to come by at that time. They are so unpredictable and I too had an issue waiting around for days for them to show up when they were supposed to.

Sandro H.

Last Parade
Port Colborne, ON

Last Parade

Unfortunately, I don't have that option. If I go home right now and there isn't a 'missed appointment' slip in the door (meaning they never showed up) then I have no choice but to go with cable and pray for a partial credit with Acanac. My job depends on being connected.

Canaca
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

1 edit

Canaca

Premium Member

Hello,

I completely understand where your frustration comes from. If there is something that we can do we will do it in a heart beat however if we can't do anything then I will personally assist you with your refund or anything else you need for that matter. I will even go as far as to say this. If you have to get cable because bell keeps draging their feet I will pay for your first month of service with the cable provider until bell fixes the problem once and for all ( if that is what you want ). If not then i can't do much more for you

Hope this is informative.

Sandro H.

Last Parade
Port Colborne, ON

Last Parade

Thanks, they're supposed to call me today. However, Acanac's been giving Bell an outdated phone number of mine that I've requested you change several times. Because of this, Bell can't get a hold of me when they come.
Last Parade

Last Parade

Apparently they're coming Monday. If I don't see them Monday, I will definitely have to cancel, unfortunately. I can't, in good faith, give money to Bell for this crappy service.
Last Parade

1 edit

Last Parade

Called Acanac this morning at 9:06am to confirm Bell ticket as I was told to on Friday. 866 number would not work, so I was forced to dial long distance to the 416 number. Sat on hold for 15 minutes before being forcefully disconnected due to wait times being "longer than 1 hour".

I cannot afford the cell phone minutes to continue waiting on hold.

If you see no updates to this thread by 6pm, please cancel the service.

Canaca
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

Canaca to Last Parade

Premium Member

to Last Parade
Good day Pepsi90919,

Sorry to hear this has yet to be resolved. Can you please PM me your activation phone number and I will get one of our administrators to call you right away.
Monday mornings are always extremely busy because we still don't offer phone support on the weekends. As for the 1866 number I just tried it from a few locations and did not encounter any issues. What error message were you getting?

Best Regards,
Paul
»www.acanac.ca

Last Parade
Port Colborne, ON

Last Parade

I was getting a busy signal from my cell phone.

Canaca
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

Canaca to Last Parade

Premium Member

to Last Parade
Hello,

Monday mornings are the worse time to call. Everyone is trying to get through. We only have a certain amount of queue times and staff to handle it. Right now we once again have more staff then calls which is the way it should always be but in the mornings its hard to get through. We also had a problem due to a bell issue over the weekend which will increase the call volumes even more.

Sandro H.
»www.acanac.ca

Last Parade
Port Colborne, ON

Last Parade

They finally came, set me up on 5056/800.
Last Parade

1 edit

Last Parade

I lied, it's actually 6016/800

See below for DMT

V V V V V V V V
thelurker
join:2006-03-24
North York, ON

thelurker

Wow Pepsi90919, you must be pretty close to the CO, those are some great stats (upstream and downstream).

Last Parade
Port Colborne, ON

Last Parade

Click for full size
Thanks, here is an updated one with updated 516 firmware (only a slight difference in the graph). I live downtown in a new building, which is a couple blocks from the CO.