spc
Search similar:

uniqs

slow joe
@bell.ca

slow joe

Anon

Teksavvy usenet any good?

Is Teksavvy usenet any good? I got the impression it was useless in the Sympatico forums. Full of incompletes with no retention and throttled to 1 meg.
I read reviews that rated it as 4.5 out of 5.
How bad are the incompletes in binary groups?
edugas
join:2004-03-18
H2K

edugas

Old binary (can't say how old) but 90% of the 3 months+ binary I tried wasn't available.

If it's new, you'll rock the 1mbit limit but hey, you don't even pay for it.

Bottom line.. it's OK of you don't download much and you're not in a hurry or don't want to spend 10$+ per month for a proper Usenet access.
DabberDan
join:2004-11-15
Canada

DabberDan

said by edugas:

Bottom line.. it's OK of you don't download much and you're not in a hurry or don't want to spend 10$+ per month for a proper Usenet access.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
ftp1020
join:2007-01-30
Canada

ftp1020 to slow joe

to slow joe
said by slow joe :

Is Teksavvy usenet any good? I got the impression it was useless in the Sympatico forums. Full of incompletes with no retention and throttled to 1 meg.
I read reviews that rated it as 4.5 out of 5.
How bad are the incompletes in binary groups?
I saw that post, and that person was full of it. On the very, VERY rare occasion that a post is incomplete, it's because the post originated at some Dutch ISP with little or no peering. UNS has faults, but incompletes aren't one of them.

Retention for Teksavvy UseNetServer is exactly 30 days.

MikeG
Premium Member
join:2004-10-02
Hamilton, ON

MikeG to slow joe

Premium Member

to slow joe
Usenetserver did have some(more like many) problems a little while ago, but all of them have now been fixed.

Its $4 a month to access their server and you also get a static IP address. 1mbps with 30days retention, and mostly everything is complete. The odd time i get some incomplete files, but thats what the par's are for.

blk
@dsl.bell.ca

blk to slow joe

Anon

to slow joe
Teksavvy's usenet is excellent for the price - the are limitations, as ftp1020 has explained.

Found another thread here mentioning 100ProofNews.com, looked up and signed up.

US$9.95 per month gets you unlimited access, 110 days retention, and the speed will saturate your connection. 12 GB on my first day testing, not a problem so far. Recommended.