spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

narcus

join:2003-02-14
Cleveland, OH

WOW DNS server slow to update? Like REALLY REALLY slow?

I figured I would post this here because I haven't been able to get ahold of WOW. I am not a customer and apparently they don't want to take me seriously.

I run www.clevelandracing.com and we switched hosts about a month ago. Every ISP in the area updated their DNS within a couple hours to a day or two, which is normal. It's been a month now and WOW is still pointing to our old address. And not even consistently either. It looks like they may have a problem with one of their DNS servers. Anyone know a good way to alert them of this? Like I said, I am not a customer, but I am hearing all these complaints because people think it is a problem with our site.

It should be pointing to: 67.159.45.3

Anyone have any ideas?

imrf
Premium
join:2002-06-06
Utica, MI
said by narcus:

Anyone have any ideas?
Best solution is to not use WOW's DNS servers. Search the forum here for a ton of alternatives.

narcus

Cleveland, OH
reply to narcus
I am not the one having the problem, it's the hundreds of WOW subscribers that are trying to get to my website and cannot because they have a problem with dns cache. I personally don't have WOW because it isn't available in my area. I want my users to be able to access the website and WOW has a big presence in this area so many people have it.

alightfoot
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Hilliard, OH
reply to narcus
Sent you a pm, but it should be fixed now.

narcus

Cleveland, OH
reply to narcus
Much appreciated. Thanks!

scottb8888

join:2001-03-08
Dublin, OH
reply to narcus
Can any repost their suggestions of alternate DNS Serveres I can use?

daveinpoway
Premium
join:2006-07-03
Poway, CA
kudos:2
I (and many other folks) use OpenDNS.

JackSparrow

join:2003-12-25
Troy, MI
those IPs are:

aes128

join:2003-12-19
Saint Clair Shores, MI
Instead of using some external DNS service, you can just run your own. You might want to look into this:

TreeWalk DNS is a Domain Name Server program which fetches and converts Web Site human-readable names into the numbered addresses your computer needs so that your browser, email, instant messenger, and FTP programs can surf the Web. For Microsoft Windows® XP, 2000, .NET and 2003 workstations or servers (Vista version pending).

It's free and from the reports I have seen, works well. It's based on the standard BIND server. I run BIND on Linux myself but if you have an XP box, give treewalk a try.