spc
Search similar:

uniqs
wwepatriot
join:2008-01-17

wwepatriot

Just bought Earthlink DSL Service

I think it was the 3.0 MBPS speed.

Was just wondering how good is it? I had the 56k connecting years ago and they were a very good reliable service but the problem was they didnt send invoices through the mail.

My current internet is Galaxy (south Mississippi Cable company) that uses 1.5 MBPS connection speed at a ridiculous price of $34.95 which is outrageous but its gets even worse beyond that point, 4 in the afternoon around peek times when people normally get online, that internet just comes to a hault, Latency in MS terms is usually around 500MS or worse and the speed drops to about 100-150 KBPS which normally its 6 times better. IN simple terms, $35 is too much to pay for an internet that dont give you the speed it should half the time, not to mention I think my previous cable internet back in Louisiana was only $24.95 with the same speed and it was actually reliable like DSL is, even at peek hours.

But the questions is, is DSL a huge improvement and is it good to where I am getting good speeds at peek hours like 4 in the afternoon or 5 and later on?

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

Each type of service has its good and bad points depending on your location and distance from Nodes or DSLAMs

You would really have to see what you end up with and remember you have 30 Days from the Modem ship date to cancel without penalty. Read your contract terms online as they are binding.

»www.earthlink.net/about/ ··· ies/dsl/

Regards,

Doctor Olds
RogerADSL
join:2004-12-10
Lawrenceville, GA

RogerADSL to wwepatriot

to wwepatriot
WWE, w
hen you have problems with you new 'Link account, come here and do some serious troubleshooting before you call in, the expertise of the support staff has fallen some these last few years.
wwepatriot
join:2008-01-17

wwepatriot

They desperate? Because one thing I do know is they give the coat off of their back for you to signup with them.

Years ago I had dialup with them, I think if commited to a 6 month plan for it, they sent me a FREE Scanner and Printer, which was insane deal.

Doctor Olds
Premium Member
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds to RogerADSL

Premium Member

to RogerADSL
said by RogerADSL:

WWE, w
hen you have problems with you new 'Link account, come here and do some serious troubleshooting before you call in, the expertise of the support staff has fallen some these last few years.
Not everyone that gets DSL (even EL DSL) will automatically have problems or trouble. You don't paint a true picture. Any new DSL connection can be perfect or can have problems from *any* provider and it is all based on the distance and quality of the copper loop the customer is on unless it is the very infrequent household wiring is shot and was bad before DSL was ordered scenario.

I 100% agree the support staff has fallen and can't get up, but that has nothing to do with whether the line will have problems or not..
RogerADSL
join:2004-12-10
Lawrenceville, GA

RogerADSL

How 'bout IF you have problems? That's fair?

Doctor Olds
Premium Member
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

said by RogerADSL:

How 'bout IF you have problems? That's fair?
That is much better!