Search similar:

uniqs
MrkFrnt
join:2000-11-26
Winston Salem, NC

1 recommendation

MrkFrnt

What a waste of time.

Instead of all this stupidity. Time Warner could simply deal with the 5% and leave the rest of us alone.

Cabal
Premium Member
join:2007-01-21

Cabal

Premium Member

said by MrkFrnt:

Instead of all this stupidity. Time Warner could simply deal with the 5% and leave the rest of us alone.
It just comes down to what kind of whining you want to listen to. Comcast does that, and people complain endlessly they want hard caps and per-byte billing. Time Warner gives that to people, and...

YouCrazy
@tds.net

-1 recommendation

YouCrazy

Anon

Didn't get the memo where people are asking for per-byte-billing. You are crazy. Don't stretch the "truth"

Cabal
Premium Member
join:2007-01-21

Cabal

Premium Member

It's present many times in the Comcast abuse thread in the Comcast forum. Feel free to take a look.
moonpuppy (banned)
join:2000-08-21
Glen Burnie, MD

moonpuppy (banned) to Cabal

to Cabal
said by Cabal:

It just comes down to what kind of whining you want to listen to. Comcast does that, and people complain endlessly they want hard caps and per-byte billing. Time Warner gives that to people, and...
At least people know the caps and can pay for extra access instead of being cut off at the will of some moron in an anonymous abuse department.

Dogfather
Premium Member
join:2007-12-26
Laguna Hills, CA

Dogfather to Cabal

Premium Member

to Cabal
I would welcome some cap (as opposed to traffic shaping) but 40GB is overkill.

Simply putting a cap on uploads would effectively kill off BT seeding 24/7 which is the real problem for cable operators.
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2 to Cabal

Premium Member

to Cabal
said by Cabal:

It's present many times in the Comcast abuse thread in the Comcast forum. Feel free to take a look.
That would take too much time and make sense.. AND doesn't support his ability to bitch blindly in his own world.
fiberguy2

fiberguy2 to moonpuppy

Premium Member

to moonpuppy
Yea.. you're right.. however, the caps they are setting are FAR FAR FAR lower than what you have on the so-called non-defined caps that are here today.

A move like this, which I've said since the beginning, will hurt FAR more people (the bulk and majority) than it will benefit them.

So, that for those top 1% to 5% of the greedy and stubborn bandwidth abusers who want to push the issue, you can thank each and everyone of them for these low caps which WILL raise the bill for the average person each month.

Now.. if this does take, which I really don't think it will at THIS level of use caps, wait for the threads of "but what about all the spam I pull, or the banner ads, or.. insert anything else that people don't pull 100% on their own here.

Instead of being cut off "at the will of some moron in some anonymous abuse department"... now you can have your bill raised by "some anonymous moron who has no life but sits behind a computer or network he built in his home so he could push the envelope, the rules, and see just how much crap he can download in a month, and never use" instead.

Seems to me that the daggers pointed were always done so in the wrong direction, defending those who are actually going to make you pay more in the long run!

BAF
Baffles
Premium Member
join:2004-02-22
Gansevoort, NY

BAF to Cabal

Premium Member

to Cabal
I don't think people were asking for hard caps and per-byte billing as much as they were asking for honesty. It's an unlimited service which implies no caps. If there is a hidden cap, then publicize it. I think that is the main stink.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
Netgear WNDR3700v2
Zoom 5341J

KrK to Cabal

Premium Member

to Cabal
said by Cabal:

It's 100 times drowned out by people who are AGAINST per-byte billing, but that's ok.
KrK

KrK to fiberguy2

Premium Member

to fiberguy2
Solution: Everyone dump them. If you can't dump them totally, dump everything you can like TV and premium, profitable services. Oh and make sure you call and let them know in no uncertain terms why you're turning off all their profit.

They'll come around quick.
KrK

KrK to BAF

Premium Member

to BAF
said by BAF:

I don't think people were asking for hard caps and per-byte billing as much as they were asking for honesty. It's an unlimited service which implies no caps. If there is a hidden cap, then publicize it. I think that is the main stink.
Don't try and confuse them with the truth....
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2 to KrK

Premium Member

to KrK
Agreed!

And to be honest, I would do the very same thing as you described if I had Time Warner. We KNOW what they allow for transfer as it is already. So, to say that 5BG is a starting cap at the price they are asking is WAY out of line and OBVIOUS greed.

I'm not one to call greed as often as others around here, but there is just NO way to even begin to defend this practice.

TW is really just asking for it... after all, of the cable providers out there, TW is the most liberal of them all. Someone said it best in this forum.. it's most likely aimed to curb the growing popularity of on-line video download rentals.

Dogfather
Premium Member
join:2007-12-26
Laguna Hills, CA

Dogfather

Premium Member

I haven't seen the proposed prices and for me 5GB alone wouldn't be enough to get me all bent.

If it's priced like the bottom end DSL services, the $10-20 type I think it would be great for their business.

BUT, if they think they're going to get $45/mo for 5GB plus overage penalties, there will be a LOT more than the top 5% canceling.

Verizon couldn't have asked for a bigger Christmas present than this. They had a blast with the web-hog marketing and imagine when they'll be able to say you'll reach your cap downloading a SINGLE movie.
moonpuppy (banned)
join:2000-08-21
Glen Burnie, MD

moonpuppy (banned) to KrK

to KrK
said by KrK:

Solution: Everyone dump them. If you can't dump them totally, dump everything you can like TV and premium, profitable services. Oh and make sure you call and let them know in no uncertain terms why you're turning off all their profit.

They'll come around quick.
Already did that. Just basic cable here and I switched to Verizon.
moonpuppy

moonpuppy (banned) to fiberguy2

to fiberguy2
said by fiberguy2:

Instead of being cut off "at the will of some moron in some anonymous abuse department"... now you can have your bill raised by "some anonymous moron who has no life but sits behind a computer or network he built in his home so he could push the envelope, the rules, and see just how much crap he can download in a month, and never use" instead.

Seems to me that the daggers pointed were always done so in the wrong direction, defending those who are actually going to make you pay more in the long run!
Funny thing is Comcast always would try and upsell you to business level service but that still would noy keep you safe from the invisible cap.

SpaethCo
Digital Plumber
MVM
join:2001-04-21
Minneapolis, MN

SpaethCo to fiberguy2

MVM

to fiberguy2
said by fiberguy2:

And to be honest, I would do the very same thing as you described if I had Time Warner. We KNOW what they allow for transfer as it is already. So, to say that 5BG is a starting cap at the price they are asking is WAY out of line and OBVIOUS greed.
It's a little early to start screaming "Greed!" when no pricing plans have been announced yet. For all we know the 5GB plan could be $19.95/mo.