uniqs

Turnipio
Premium Member
join:2002-04-17
Downers Grove, IL

Turnipio

Premium Member

DIR-655: How to exclude a specific MAC Address from Network

Is there any way to exclude a specific MAC Address from a Network on DIR-655?

I think that my network "security" has been breached.

I have been trying to only allow a specific list of MAC addresses onto my home network using MAC filtering. I know that this is not much of a deterent though.

I also have WPA-PSK encryption. Different access points each have different keys. My SSIDs are all hidden.

I have specifically assigned static network ip addresses to each of the allowed MAC addresses.

I have ZoneAlrmPro on my WinXP computers and Windows Firewall on my Vista Ultimate Computer.

I have recently noticed an unassigned MAC address pulling 192.168.0.199.

My question is: Is there any other way that I can exclude this MAC address from unauthorized access to my network?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

T

DIR-655 with Firmware 1.11

ANoni
@sbcglobal.net

ANoni

Anon

enable access control (Advanced > Access control) on the router. enable IP filtering.
Enable MAC filtering. You have to go to tools > system and reboot the router after each setting that you change or it will not work. when setting up the MAC adrress filters include the ones of all devices including the Access points all over the house.. same goes with the IP filters. It WILL work if configured properly.

WHy are you using the 192.168.0.X Network. Common man, dont use the defaults..... You should know this if you are serious about security.... LOL!! Defaults make it easy for grandma to get online....
ANoni

ANoni to Turnipio

Anon

to Turnipio
I think you should enable the SSID broadcast, thats just me.