spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Dagda1175
join:2001-06-17
Goleta, CA

Dagda1175

Switch to who?

If they're all doing it. Complaining isnt going to get very far. Go to dsl? ugh. far slower than cable in most places I've seen.

danawhitaker
Space...The Final Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Thorndale, ON

danawhitaker

Premium Member

I'd rather have a slower service where I didn't have to pay attention to how much bandwidth I was using per month than have a cable connection that limited me to 40 gigs and charged me overage fees. It doesn't matter if your connection can go 100mbit if you can only do a small amount of data transfer every month. Hence why I've stayed on 1.5mbit DSL all these years instead of switching to cable that's 8-10mbit. I'm afraid that they'll start instituting ridiculously low caps like that and that I'd just have to switch back.

And if you want to argue that 40 gigs is reasonable for the average user, fine, but I've nuked 1/4 of that in a few days on legitimate (read: non-piracy) usage before, and average 350 megs a day just on IRC/chat/e-mail with no file transfers.

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium Member
join:2006-10-19
USA

DrModem to Dagda1175

Premium Member

to Dagda1175
So? unless you absoulutly need your ultra-fast 20/20 connection for more than brag factor, you can do fine with 7/768 or 3m DSL

danclan
join:2005-11-01
Midlothian, VA

danclan

said by DrModem:

So? unless you absoulutly need your ultra-fast 20/20 connection for more than brag factor, you can do fine with 7/768 or 3m DSL
see that argument is just garbage. With my brag factor I can download a legitimate movie is no time flat. With my brag factor i can get a 200MB update in no time flat. With my brag factor I can watch live streaming TV from around the world and still have headroom to surf the web, read email AND download my updates...with my brag factor 3 to 4 people can be watching live streaming SD quality video in my house independent of my cable operator. They can all do what they pretty much want with little impact on each other....with my brag factor....

what can brag factor do for you....
offspring07
join:2008-01-06
Taxis River, NB

offspring07

You can do that stuff but if we go to a bandwidth limit of 40 GB than you can use that 20/20 connection to download files for 4.5 hours/month. I don't know about you but that isn't how I would want to use a 20/20 connection.