Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

neufuse

join:2006-12-06
James Creek, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

Got 'the call' again... haven't had internet for 8 months...

Seriously what the heck? We just got a call from the mysterious new jersy comcast phone number 'CMST SEC' from caller ID... We got kicked off what was it 8 months ago? Haven't even had the modem connected to the line... We got a call today "You have shown up as a heavy user"... I told the guy thats nice we dont even have internet with you.. he told me "this is non-negotiable"... I said whats there to negotiage? WE DONT HAVE INTERNET WITH YOU... seriously how can I show up on a list when we dont even have the internet? they claim we do and are stil using it... even though we are umm BANNED! since april of last year... anyone have a clue? this guy refused to answer any of my questions and gave me generic responses about top 1/10th of a percent blah blah bs.... this is making me want to just flat out ditch comcast even as a digital cable provider...

DaveDude
No Fear

join:1999-09-01
New Jersey
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
·ViaTalk

I would call comcast and tell them to get there house in order, saying if things dont clear up you are going to someone else. When MCI was charging me for in-town calls, i called and claimed they would fix it, then $2000 phone bill later. I called and told them i was leaving. Magically someone called from retentions. I still went with ATT. I advise to switch, because its all about Customer service, and usually this is the only way they learn.
--
Merry Christmas.. Merry Christmas.. Merry Christmas..

CableTool
Poorly Representing MYSELF.
Premium
join:2004-11-12

Thats an odd one.
Its also in the wrong forum.
See, Everyone makes mistakes?!

Expand your moderator at work

helter

join:2007-09-11
Silverdale, WA

Re: Got 'the call' again... haven't had internet for 8 months...

You should learn what real humor is then?

Apollo729

join:2006-08-28
Avis, PA

1 edit
reply to neufuse

It's possible that someone is using a hacked modem, cloning your old modem and for some reason your old modem is still active.

--
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Expand your moderator at work

neufuse

James Creek, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit
reply to neufuse

Re: Got 'the call' again... haven't had internet for 8 months...

After talking to a CSR... I asked could someone please come out here and just to verify we do not have internet to prove to them we dont use internet from comcast after explaining to them what happened... they said "we have you marked as abuse terminate in our system" and basically said you wouldn't get a call... I told them we did, and asked that It be placed on the record that we have no internet service or even modem connected to our line at all... and if it had to, go as far as installing a filter to prove this if they needed to... (not sure if they can do that for cable modems?) but they said the'd make a note on our account and gave me a generic call the abuse people to talk about it response... so if I ever get a call again when I do not even subscribe to that service (its not even on our bill!) it's gone with comcast... right now waiting for the abuse people to call me back... left them a message on their little we screen calls before we talk to you number...

ztmike
Mark for moderation
Premium
join:2001-08-02
Michigan City, IN

How much did you download when your internet was terminated?

neufuse

James Creek, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

8 months ago they gave us a bunch of numbers... never seemed to be the same depending on who from the abuse dept called us back... one time it was ~350 another it was ~80... another it was ~375... we played phone tag with them for a while trying to find out information from them... talked to them about 4 times in total.. never got much of a straight answer out of them... one even just said "more then you should.. i dont have to give you an exact number of what you downloaded that is your responsability to track"... which we did... we had bandwidth monitors running on our router and we never went close to the high numbers they did give us according to it... I run the Linksys WRT router with the custom Tomato firmware to watch that stuff on a daily and monthly basis... even now on DSL we download about .7 to 1GB per day on average... no where near maxing out the speed we have... at one house we have 7Mbit DSL and never use that bandwidth up... the other is 3Mbit (trying to get that upped to 7mbit right now if youve seen my Verizon forum messages)

CableTool
Poorly Representing MYSELF.
Premium
join:2004-11-12
reply to ztmike

said by ztmike:

How much did you download when your internet was terminated?
Probably more then he did after it was terminated. I wonder if its something as simple as someone working off of an older databast list? I cant imagine how someone looking at your account which stated NO INTERNET wouldnt just up and say "My bad.. Im not sure what this is about? Disregard the call.."
--
CableTechs.org/"Horrible People with Integrity"

neufuse

James Creek, PA

Unless there is still something pending? I dont know what happened... we never returned the last call we got from them...

ztmike
Mark for moderation
Premium
join:2001-08-02
Michigan City, IN

Usually Comcast will tell you how much you've downloaded when you get the 1st call..from what I've read anyway.

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:21
reply to neufuse

This discussion actually belongs here ---> »Comcast Bandwidth Abuse/Limits - Discuss here only

--
Join Team Helix * I am praying for these friends .