how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

sabretooth2

join:2005-02-08
Chicago, IL

[Help Me] Need Firmware for DSL-2640B

I've seen on a few sites that people are using the firmware version 3.06 for d-link model DSL-2640B (hardware version B2) but I have not been able to find any sites with this download. Closest I have found is the GPL Source code for this firmware located here:
»tsd.dlink.com.tw/downloadsdetail···rect=Yes

If anyone has any information on where i can find the firmware, please let me know. I would like to set custom port settings for hosted applications and I can not seem to do this though the 1.00 firmware version.

haygood2
Premium
join:2003-02-14
Okeechobee, FL
kudos:1

2 edits
»ftp://ftp.dlink.co.uk/dsl_routers_modems/dsl-2640b

Firmware Version: 3.06b1 Hardware Version: B2
Flashed my 206B with this last week... runs fine!!

Yakkob

@sky.com
Anyone tried this one?

>

»ftp://ftp.dlink.co.uk/dlinktemp/BT_DSL···s_kernel

It's the brand new firmware for DSL 2640B

haygood2
Premium
Okeechobee, FL
reply to sabretooth2
Just installed the new firmware BT_3.07b5

I'll keep ya'll posted
--
My Heatware

Yakkob

@sky.com
Any news?

Yakkob

@sky.com
reply to haygood2
I have just updated, and all seems good. New options.
But I'm still stumped
Can you please tell me how to enable MAC address filtering so only MAC addresses I enter manually can enter the network.

I can't seem to fathom it. I have WPA enabled and so it's secure that way, but having it acting as a dhcp server and having UPNP enabled makes me paranoid.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

jlynn334

join:2008-01-17
Paducah, KY
reply to haygood2
Having trouble configuring my DSL-2640B for bellsouth.net / at&t service. I installed the BT_3.07b5 firmware. ANy suggestions are helpful.

Yakkob

@btopenworld.com
Hi, I can't help you with the config for that I'm in UK, but can you check your WPA security settings as one of my mates said there is an issue with the new firmware on his router that the security settings stay open with WPA. I cannot replicate his issue just wondering if anybosy else has experienced this.

Cheers

haygood2
Premium
Okeechobee, FL
reply to sabretooth2
I tried the BT_3.07b5 firmware but it had problems.
I could not access the interface every so often without a reboot.
--
My Heatware

CyberInferno

@grandenetworks.net
reply to sabretooth2
I just updated my USA router using 3.06b1. I used the firmware file that was "EU_DSL-2640B_3.06b1_306063V00_cfe_fs_kernel_wo_fw_lock(0BD9)" (I figured without firmware lock sounded better). I backed up my settings before updating, and after updating just needed to load them to get my internet access back online. The router remembered my router password and WEP settings. Works great and the new interface is much improved.

sabretooth2

join:2005-02-08
Chicago, IL
reply to sabretooth2
Thanks to everyone who replied. I will be testing this new firmware out this weekend but I can't imagine running into any problems.

All the responses are much appreciated. Looks like I was just a little too hesitant in waiting for this firmware package to be released for download.

haygood2
Premium
Okeechobee, FL
reply to sabretooth2

jerryh

@verizon.net
reply to sabretooth2
To admin the wireless MAC list, please telnet/SSH to your DSL-2640b through the terminal interface. Actually if you already set up some wireless MAC policy before updating the firmware, it is probably still kept in the memory of the router. Too bad this is not available through the new web interface.

James37

@qwest.net
reply to haygood2
said by haygood2:

new firmware 306041G00

»ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Broadband/dsl2640B/Firmware/
This seems to be the original firmware for the US.

James

James37

@qwest.net
Although, now that I upgraded to the european firmware for the dsl-2640b, I cannot reload the us version of the firmware.

Any Ideas? I have tried the tftp command via telnet to no avail.

James

bt1999
Premium
join:2008-02-08
Markham, ON
reply to sabretooth2
D-Link released a new firmware (version 4.00) that enables wireless MAC filtering.

»ftp://ftp.dlink.co.uk/dsl_routers_mode···l-2640b/

I downloaded it and unzipped it ... but when I tried to upgrade the firmware, it says to enter in a valid filename. I did not change the name when I unzipped the file. Also, I downloaded the older version 3.06 to test it out and the result was the same.

Has anyone else encountered the same problem?

Eirismania

@78.144.186.x
reply to sabretooth2
Yes, I have the same problem. Not a valid name... weird. Maybe D-Link uploaded an incorrect file...

bt1999
Premium
Markham, ON
I don't think so. The link is the same one that haygood2 used to get the 3.06b1 version and he was able to flash his modem.

As I mentioned, I tried to use the same file and it still says it is not a valid name.

Not sure what the problem is and the model I have is a UK version. Oh well ... the MAC filtering isn't really needed especially since I find that the range is very limited. I might just continue to use a LAN connection.

Ramy
Getting jigggggy wit it
Premium
join:2003-01-23
mexico
Hello,

Long-time reader first time poster here!

I had the same problem (Invalid filename) when trying to update it using Firefox and Opera... BUT, using Internet Explorer was a different history. Apparently it has something to do with Javascript validation in the browsers.

I'm now running firmware ver 4.00 and is more stable than previous versions. BTW, I haven't be able to revert to US firmware versions since I took the decision to use EU firmwares... hope I'm not missing something...

Hope I was helpful!

bt1999
Premium
Markham, ON

1 edit
Thanks, Seph!!! IE worked perfectly. And this new version is more versatile than the previous one. Although I use a random 63 character WPA2-AES passkey, it's just nice to have MAC filtering, too.

I actually purchased my modem from the UK on ebay. So I don't know if there are any differences when compared to modems running the US firmware. But looking at the US manual, the interface looked pretty hideous in comparison to the UK version.

Anyhow, I knew that Firefox had some issues that IE didn't ... but I never thought that it was Firefox that was the problem! Next time something doesn't work in Firefox, I'll know to try another browser.

Again, many thanks! I'm glad that you finally decided to post. I generally don't like to post either, but ever since I changed from Bell to Acanac, I've been posting very frequently on the Acanac Community forums on their site.

Ramy
Getting jigggggy wit it
Premium
join:2003-01-23
mexico
Glad to know I was helpful!

Actually the US firmware that came with my router (I bought it on Amazon) featured a terrible inteface with some advanced features (i.e. WDS settings, MAC Address filtering, etc.) However wireless was a little bit troublesome with it (that's why I updated it at the first chance).

I don't know how the new US firmware compares to it, but I have to say that I'm more than happy wih the wireless and general performance of the 4.0 EU firmware.

BTW, I think people using Firefox 3 should not have any problems trying to update the router via the web admin by now.

paule

@i2.co.uk
reply to sabretooth2
hi guys, i know this is a little off topic but any of you guys tried configuring advanced qos with firmware ver 4?, its completely different to setting up qos using the previous firmware revision, so just wondered if anybody has got this working and if so whether they could give me a couple of examples of how this is setup?.

cheers,
paul.

archetypo

join:2008-09-13
reply to bt1999
Its a known problem using Firefox or either Opera to upgrade the 2640B firmware .
Use Iexplorer (just to update the firmware) and it ll work like charm .

THE ONE

@xx.tellas.gr
reply to sabretooth2
I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THE TOPIC BUT I TRIED TO UPDATE AFTER UNZIPPING AND I GOT THE ANSER "PLEASE ENTER A VALID FILE NAME". cAN ANY ONE TELL ME WHAT TO DO.

haygood2
Premium
Okeechobee, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to sabretooth2
New firmware EU_DSL-2640B_EU_4.00_310022900

»ftp://ftp.dlink.pl/dsl/dsl-2640b/drive···1022.zip
--
My Heatware

Jan J

join:2008-11-09
Montreal, QC
reply to sabretooth2
I don't know if it's a newer version, but a firmware noted as 4.00 as well has been uploaded on 20/01/2009 -

It's called: DSL-2640B_fw_4.00.zip

»ftp://ftp.dlink.co.uk/dsl_routers_mode···l-2640b/

Anyone tested?

haygood2
Premium
Okeechobee, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to sabretooth2
here is a new Beta firmware

»ftp://cci_rcc_adsl:adsl4all@213.255.34···3_DL.zip
--
My Heatware

srinikamana

join:2009-03-27
Houston, TX
reply to Jan J

Re: [Help Me] Need EU_4.0 Firmware for Dlink DSL-2640B router

I sincerely appreciate the posts in this forum that has eventually helped me to vanquish a 3 week battle (more like 2 months) with this specific D-Link DSL 2640B modem to be able to finally hook up with all my wireless clients (which included an HP printer, Wii, 2 Laptops, an ethernet bridge/print server). I had already updated the firmware with the EU_3.06 version early on, which improved my situation somewhat (DHCP address reservation feature) but left some things unresolved until I purchased a new Thinkpad which just refused to connect to this router and forced me to a standoff with it.

It turned out that the cause of all my troubles is that I was missing the EU_4.0 version of the firmware. With this updated firmware zip file, I had no troubles updating the router unlike some of the earliar posts. After the update, I came to realize that this router had mysteriously enabled and imported the MAC address filtering configuration data from my previous Netgear router without giving any indications. Thus it was always allowing all of my pre-existing clients to connect to it but would not allow any new wireless clients to connect to it.

Needless to say, this peculiar feature was consistent with a review written about this router (that I picked up on Amazon just yesterday) which accurately stated that this device is a very powerful router if a) you are an experienced network geek and b) this device actually came with the right firmware that enabled such an experienced user to to better manage it.

I hope this post proves to be helpful to any future owners of it. I have finally been able to decommission my 6 year old NG router.

ismatd

join:2009-04-26
Round Rock, TX
Hi, I have a US device and am not able to load the EU firmware, keep getting an error about corrupt image. What is the right way to load the EU firmware?

TIA

haygood2
Premium
Okeechobee, FL
reply to sabretooth2

Re: [Help Me] Need Firmware for DSL-2640B

do a hard reset and the upgrade firmware.
worked for me
--
My Heatware