dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
« Google = evil
This is a sub-selection from Good job Google.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

1 recommendation

FFH5 to battleop

Premium Member

to battleop

Re: Good job Google.

said by battleop:

It is possible to be a huge company and try and do good things at the same time.
Did you miss the part that they have been profiting from this for years and stopped doing it because of threats of lawsuits?
Google has been quietly enabling this practice for years now. This is a smart policy move on Google’s part to ward off impending litigation that might have hit them in the coming months. Trademark lawyers have been getting crafter at taking down Kiting by suing under other laws. The new weapon of choice is not using Trademark laws but Forgery laws. The penalty for forgery is much worse and cares a much higher fine per article that is forged. Dell, Yahoo, and BMW have all filed lawsuits in the last two months that ask for millions of dollars of damage from Google partners and I think Google sees the writing on the wall, they might be named next.
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

1 recommendation

openbox9

Premium Member

But historical facts don't matter since Google is the righteous saviour of the Internet

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop to FFH5

to FFH5
No, but they are at least trying to put an effort into doing the right thing. Even if it may be just to keep their butts out of trouble.

RadioDoc

join:2000-05-11
La Grange, IL

2 recommendations

RadioDoc

Don't you have that backward? More like they are trying to keep their butts out of trouble by doing "the right thing": What they should have been doing all along.

MysticGogeta
The Robot Devil
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Katy, TX

1 recommendation

MysticGogeta to openbox9

Premium Member

to openbox9
said by openbox9:

But historical facts don't matter since Google is the righteous saviour of the Internet
I like google but they are starting to take over the internet and I'm not 100% sure that is good.
xsiddalx
join:2005-03-11
Chicago, IL

xsiddalx

said by MysticGogeta:

said by openbox9:

I like google but they are starting to take over the internet and I'm not 100% sure that is good.
How are they taking over the internet?

MysticGogeta
The Robot Devil
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Katy, TX

MysticGogeta

Premium Member

They dominate the search engine industry and internet video (You tube). They are also dominating the advertising industry on the internet and continue to buy out more company's such as double click.
« Google = evil
This is a sub-selection from Good job Google.