share rss forum feed

SuperNet9
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium
join:2002-10-08
Schaumburg, IL
kudos:5

If you forget 2take ur drivers license and u get pulled over

I forgot my drivers license at home 2 day, if i get pulled over what will happen ?

cocothebean
You Are My Nightmare
Premium
join:2002-11-16
Carson City, NV

1 edit
No telling what the cops mood is when you get pulled over!!!
Just drive like an adult and you won't get pulled over.

Caddyroger
Premium
join:2001-06-11
To the west
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to SuperNet9
said by SuperNet9:

I forgot my drivers license at home 2 day, if i get pulled over what will happen ?
Just as cocothebean said. Do not speed, run red lights obey the law.
If you don't you could get a ticket for the infraction plus a ticket for driving with out a license.
--
Caddy

Dersgniw
Disco Crunchin
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-10
behind you
kudos:4

4 recommendations

reply to SuperNet9
u will be beaten and taken 2 jale

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium
join:2000-09-20
DFW
kudos:2
lol

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
join:2001-08-25
Kendall, FL
reply to SuperNet9
Just be truthful with the officer, he can call in your information and verify you have a valid drivers license.

Hack The Planet
Premium
join:2006-08-28
Plattsburgh, NY

1 edit
reply to Caddyroger
Correction he has a license :P He would just get a ticket for not having it on him. So the officer would just tell him here is a ticket for not having your license on ya. Come down to the police station within 24 hours and we can waive it. At least that is the procedure here. If he was actually driving without a license his car would be towed.

Phil
Rojo Sol
Premium
Downers Grove, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit
reply to Rob
said by Rob:

Just be truthful with the officer, he can call in your information and verify you have a valid drivers license.
This is a good idea but you can still be ticketed for not carrying a valid drivers license.

Caddyroger
Premium
To the west
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to 44402812
said by 44402812:

Correction he has a license :P He would just get a ticket for not having it on him. So the officer would just tell him here is a ticket for not having your license on ya. Come down to the police station within 24 hours and we can waive it. At least that is the procedure here. If he was actually driving without a license his car would be towed.
Not true in all states. here in Ma and will get a ticket for driving without a drivers license. There no taking a license in and getting it waived.
--
Caddy
Expand your moderator at work

keyboard5684
Sam

join:2001-08-01
Pittsburgh, PA
reply to SuperNet9

Re: If you forget 2take ur drivers license and u get pulled over

Here you (PA) you give your birthdate, age, full name, and whatever other info you can give them and it is usually fine.

However, it is illegal to drive without it.
In PA the worst that I have seen is they give you a white card that is a warning.

Technically, they could give you a small ticket.

Overall though, I would not worry about it unless you are driving in France or something.

cowboyro
Premium
join:2000-10-11
Shelton, CT
reply to SuperNet9

Blame it on wife/gf... say you left it in her purse last night... Be calm, don't make a scene, the cop can and will verify your info.. depending on how good the donut was you may even get away with a verbal warning.

PolarBear03
The bear formerly known as aaron8301
Premium
join:2005-01-03
reply to SuperNet9
First of all, everyone here should know by now NOT to quote laws to the OP when they reside in a different state. Laws vary by state, so what may be illegal in one state, may not be in another. All you are doing is giving bad advice.

Second, I've done this before. What got the officer to let me off scott-free was the fact that I memorized my license number. He looked it up in the computer, saw that everything in the computer for my license matched my description and other information (address, birthdate, the fact that I have a Class A w/ doubles and triples), and he figured there's no way I could've been lying.

So while I agree that it DOES depend on the officer's mood and that if it's a bad mood, you probably CAN be ticketed for one thing or another, it will certainly help if you memorize the information on your license. Oh, and kiss some ass, too, as much as I hate doing that. The better an officer's ass feels, the less likely he is to write a ticket.
--
There comes a point in your life when you get tired of fixing everything and wiping everyone's ass. But it’s not giving up. It’s realizing that you don’t need certain people and the bullshit and drama they bring to your life.

Hookem99
Deep In The Heart

join:2007-07-18
Pflugerville, TX
kudos:1
reply to SuperNet9

It really depends on, where you are, what you did to get stopped, and the mood of the officer. I was in an accident once running to get lunch, just after doing some yard work. Left mine at home, and the officer could not have cared less. I gave him the number and he verified it, but he really didn't care I did not have it. I was lucky!! I really should have gotten a ticket for not having it with me!
--
Captain Oveur: Joey, have you ever been to a Turkish prison?

braynes
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Waterville, ME

1 recommendation

reply to SuperNet9
Its off to guantanamo for you.
Bruce

Warzau
Premium
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL
kudos:1
reply to SuperNet9
Got your DL # memoried? This happened to me, trifecta. Was pulled over @ 12:30 AM, in Downtown Chicago, By a Captain. Sheeeesh, I told him I forgot my license at my GF's house which was true, asked what I was doing out so late, told him I just left, was "studing" and was headed home. OF course gave all nfo, including my DL # which he was impressed since most can't recall it. He looked up my record. Came back and said go straight home and try not to forget my license next time I am studying.

Maxo
Your tax dollars at work.
Premium,VIP
join:2002-11-04
Tallahassee, FL
reply to SuperNet9
One guy I knew in high school claimed he had to do community service. Another time I was with a friend who didn't even realise he didn't have his license when he was pulled over for having a tale light out. The officer looked up his information and made him promise he would locate his license when he got home. Someone else drove us to his house.

Badonkadonk
Premium
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL
kudos:5
reply to Warzau
lol.

I'm glad you put the last word in your message. I wasn't quite sure to make of the word "studing". You either forgot the D or the Y. I couldn't tell . . .

AWS
Long Time Gone

join:2000-07-01
Joliet, IL
Most of the time the cop will let you go, worse case is a written warning. I've been stopped many time in IL without my license, have a habit of leaving home without my wallet, and never was I given a ticket. I also know my license number as well as social security number. How can you not remember those 2 numbers? I give them those, a check is done in their computer and they let me go.

wvcaver
Premium
join:2005-04-17
Millersburg, OH
reply to SuperNet9
just tell the cop your LIC. is on the back of the vehicle !

cocothebean
You Are My Nightmare
Premium
join:2002-11-16
Carson City, NV
reply to cowboyro
said by cowboyro:

Blame it on wife/gf... say you left your purse at her house last night... Be calm, don't make a scene,

bighusker2

@twtelecom.net
reply to SuperNet9
said by SuperNet9:

Even If you get a ticket, it will most likely be dismissed if you show proof of a license, registration and insurance at the courthouse. "Driving without a license" is not the same as "Driving without proof of a license", the latter of which is the only thing you're guilty of.

It's not very likely that you'll get pulled over either. I've had this happen to me a couple of times.

Matt3
All noise, no signal.
Premium
join:2003-07-20
Jamestown, NC
kudos:12
reply to SuperNet9
said by SuperNet9:

This happened to me, twice.

All I had to do was go to traffic court and show the DA (or Assistant DA) my license and it was dismissed. You have to deal with the courthouse and all the low-life people who are there, but you don't need a lawyer and there aren't any court fees or penalties.

This is in North Carolina of course.

RogerADSL

join:2004-12-10
Lawrenceville, GA
reply to SuperNet9
Scream at the officer and make him think you crazy! That's what I do.

Hellrazor
Bah Humbug

join:2002-02-02
Abyss, PA
Reviews:
·Service Electric..
reply to SuperNet9
said by SuperNet9:

Here is what you do:

Officah, I forgot my license at home. If I buy you a dozen donuts will you let me go with just a warning? I promise I will buy stock in the local donut shop as soon as I get home and find my wallet. No I am not making fun of you, you look natural with that donut in your hand. The powdered sugar on your shirt is really a redeeming quality. Keep kicking those donuts back and you won't need a PFD when you go boating..

Everything will work out fine if you followed those steps..