Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

factchecker

@cox.net
reply to bogey7806

Re: It's the market, unfortunately

said by bogey7806:

Soon they'll expose that Caller ID is making criminal profits too.
Actually, that Kushnick (sp?) guy has been doing that for several years now, talking about the true cost of CallerID and how much people are charged.

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

1 edit
said by factchecker :

said by bogey7806:

Soon they'll expose that Caller ID is making criminal profits too.
Actually, that Kushnick (sp?) guy has been doing that for several years now, talking about the true cost of CallerID and how much people are charged.
But Caller-ID is an OPTION and not required. Do I wish it was cheaper - sure. But even at the price they charge, to me it is worth it to screen callers and give me control over who I talk to and when I talk to them.

P.S. I don't pay extra for CallerID myself - it is included in a land line / mobile pkg.
--
Internet News
My BLOG
My Web Page

factchecker

@cox.net
said by FFH5:

But Caller-ID is an OPTION and not required.
That doesn't mean customers should not be alerted to the true price versus the actual cost of delivering the service.

The reason companies get away with charging as much as they do for services like SMS/TXT and caller ID is because consumers don't know the "real costs" of the product - how much it costs to deliver that service/product.

bogey7806

join:2004-03-19
Here
kudos:1
reply to factchecker
The thing is it's all part of the business model. Costs themselves are nebulous. A businessman just looks at total resources and how much he could make selling them off. If we paid the true cost of Caller ID, dod you think we'd pay the same in other fields?

ooglyoggly

@xo.net
reply to factchecker
And we still get a charge for Touch Tone!