uniqs
gpieon
join:2008-01-30
Toronto, ON

gpieon

DSL Service Gone

Came home and DSL light out.

Just switched to Vonage.

Bell in all their wisdom canned my service. Acanac told me that they use the same lines and DSLAM as Bell. I guess not.

I only have 2 wires coming into my 50 year old house, so the difference between DSL and dry DSL for me is only a billing issue. I am not going to take a day off work so some tech can stomp around in my house to pull in another pair.

Needless to say, I will be making a few phone calls today and pissing off a lot of people. If I don't have service when I go home today, I will be calling TekSavvy.

Canaca
Premium Member
join:2007-03-05
Mississauga, ON

Canaca

Premium Member

Hello,

Sorry that you had service related issues. DId you try rebooting your modem? We had a problem on one of the AGAS systems last night and that may have been the cause of the disconnect. Keep in mind that the disconnect only occured for 30 seconds. Also going with teksavvy isn't going to fix your problem due to the fact that they use the same lines. They are going to have to get bell to send a tech over to repair just like everyone else. Bell Canada owns all the lines and everyone has to follow them around.

Sandro H.
»www.acanac.ca
thelurker
join:2006-03-24
North York, ON

thelurker to gpieon

to gpieon
I can attest to what Acanac Inc is saying, as I've been waiting on Bell to get their act together as well. It's tough for other companies that use Bell's lines to do anything without having to look to Bell first, but that's just the reality. However, the other reality here is that you'd have to go through the same process even if you were directly with Bell - and, in fact, you'd probably have to wait longer and go through more people because Bell has a lot more customers than smaller ISPs to cater to...
gpieon
join:2008-01-30
Toronto, ON

gpieon

The issue is Bell. They told me I cannot overlap providers as per the CRTC. This is a load of crap. Bell yanked my line card without checking if there is a signal from the remote end. They have re-instated my service until Feb 19th. I have a dry DSL order in to Acanac, ETA Feb 4th. So how do we know Bell won't yank my card again on the 19th? So far neither Bell nor Acanac support can tell me how dry DSL is supposed to work when you have a non-Bell DSL provider.

Last Parade
join:2002-10-07
Port Colborne, ON

Last Parade to gpieon

to gpieon
Going to TekSavvy isn't going to get you better service with Bell. All the DSL providers have to put up with Bell and their shenanigans.