All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
jay_rm
join:2002-04-12
Netville

jay_rm to rizzo2dial

to rizzo2dial

Re: Teleblend still slamming numbers -- they slammed mine!

VT customers have received help from VT in yanking their numbers back from these guys - call your provider right away and explain the situation. Odds are they've seen this happen before and can assist you.

Good Luck & don't forget to file a complaint with the FCC.
rizzo2dial
Premium Member
join:2004-08-05

rizzo2dial

Premium Member

said by jay_rm:

call your provider right away and explain the situation.
My provider was contacted the moment I discovered the issue. I'm not sure if they have 24/7 tech support, but they're open late.
said by jay_rm:

Odds are they've seen this happen before and can assist you.
The initial tech support rep I spoke w/ has never seen this happen before, but others in the company may have.
said by jay_rm:

Good Luck & don't forget to file a complaint with the FCC.
Complaining to the FCC is a double edged sword. It's probably inevitable that they'll eventually regular VoIP, but I'd rather not act as a catalyst to that process. That's not to say TB deserves a pass, for they don't. I'm just not sure having the FCC's involvement is a good thing.
rizzo2dial

rizzo2dial to jay_rm

Premium Member

to jay_rm
said by jay_rm:

VT customers have received help from VT in yanking their numbers back from these guys
Thanks for mentioning this part. Here's a cross post of the VT thread:
»Number slammed and taken away from ViaTalk! HELP!

The slamming in that thread is from none other than Teleblend. Big surprise.
jay_rm
join:2002-04-12
Netville

jay_rm to rizzo2dial

to rizzo2dial
said by rizzo2dial:

Complaining to the FCC is a double edged sword. It's probably inevitable that they'll eventually regular VoIP, but I'd rather not act as a catalyst to that process. That's not to say TB deserves a pass, for they don't. I'm just not sure having the FCC's involvement is a good thing.
Usually, I would agree. But, this is a case of slamming - something already illegal. It's doubtful slamming complaints would catalyze any additional VoIP scrutiny, unless by some weird twist, slamming ISN'T illegal for VoIP providers...