kasparov33
Premium Member
join:2007-05-04
Conover, NC

3 recommendations

kasparov33

Premium Member

Update on my son who has cancer

Back in May of 2007 i posted that we found out my 12 year old son has cancer. i asked that you folks here at bbr send him some get well emails and you all did. he got several boxes of emails that we now keep in his room. last week he felt really bad so we brought him back to the hospital here in charlotte north carolina. the doctors ran tests and found out that he had gotten an infection in his port that goes in a vessel in his arm. the port is for iv fluids and to take blood samples. he was put under sedation thursday because his breathing had gotten bad and the doctors put a ventilator tube in to help him breathe. in the last few days he has swelled up a lot due to him not being able to pee very much and also due to the infection. my wife and i talk to him all the time even though he is under sedation. in the last 24 hours we found out that he has grown bacterial infection in one of his vessels and also the infection has gotten to and grown some in his heart. his kidneys have almost quit working and his liver is starting to fail also. he is hooked up to 9 pumps for different medicines. the doctors talked to me today and said that with the medications he is on they dont have anything else to give him and they gave me the bad news that they dont think he is going to make it home with us. they said that his organs are almost worn out from trying to work right and that the infection is taking everything from him. when the doctors told my wife the news it was all i could do to keep her from passing out. im here at the hospital at 2 in the morning typing this because i am scared to death. i had to have a short break and wanted to write to you guys here to thank you all for your replies and emails to my son last year. as i sit here i cannot even fathom going home without my son. he and i have done so much father and son things together. scouts, fishing, camping and the like. when i go back to the room and see him its crushing. his body is so swollen its unreal. there are so many tubes and lines and iv's in him you cant imagine. the comfort that i do have is that i told him i loved him everyday of his life and each night before he went to bed. to each one of you out there please say a prayer for him when you read this. his name is micheal and he needs all the help he can get right now. again thank all of you for your emails and replies from before. i will write back sometime in the future and let all of you know how it goes. hopefully well. godbless and good health to you all.

hellrazzer24
join:2002-06-21
united state

hellrazzer24

May God bless you and your family. I'm so sorry to hear this news. My condolences to you and your family in this tough time.

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

Johkal to kasparov33

MVM

to kasparov33
Prayers on the way! I'm so sorry.

RR Conductor
Ridin' the rails
Premium Member
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA

RR Conductor to kasparov33

Premium Member

to kasparov33
I'm sorry to hear, I will put your son and your family in my prayers tonight!

kramcool
Awaiting the new revolution
Premium Member
join:2005-07-14
Miamitown, OH

kramcool to kasparov33

Premium Member

to kasparov33
Myself and my son will pray for him!!
I am so sorry to hear about this big setback i don't know how religious you are.But from what i believe(being Catholic)that any suffering that he may be going though will not go unnoticed by God!This might be of some help.
Remember that all we do in our earthly life counts in the after,and if it is not his time to go home(and i hope it is not)then all of this will make sense!When time steps aside to reveal eternity and all that matters is heaven we all hope to hear these words....Well done my good and faithful servant,now welcome into the joy of your masters house!
God bless you Micheal!!

JohnQPublic6
Premium Member
join:2002-03-22
Xanadu

JohnQPublic6 to kasparov33

Premium Member

to kasparov33
Thanks for the follow-up. However, I wish it contained better news for Michael and your family. I remember your request last year well.

I'm not the religious type, but you're in my thoughts as you deal with this unfortunate situation. Best of luck to Michael and your family for a speedy and thorough recovery.

howieh
4 more weeks
MVM
join:2000-08-06
Metuchen, NJ

howieh to kasparov33

MVM

to kasparov33
Prayer offered for Michael and for strength for you and your wife.

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Numquam oblitus
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ

tmpchaos to kasparov33

Numquam oblitus

to kasparov33
Reference: »[request] need email sent to my son who has cancer please!!

rob_in_chatt
Premium Member
join:2004-09-17
Chattanooga, TN

rob_in_chatt to kasparov33

Premium Member

to kasparov33
sad news. my god be with him so his suffering is none at all.

mig
MVM
join:2000-10-26
Anytown, USA

mig to kasparov33

MVM

to kasparov33
Our thoughts and prayers go out for Michael and all your family.

Take care

smerre01
Premium Member
join:2003-09-23
Greer, SC

smerre01 to kasparov33

Premium Member

to kasparov33
I have sent a prayer request out to some friends and family, I cannot even begin to imagine the emotions going thru you right now. I will pray for you and your family. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do.

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958 to kasparov33

Premium Member

to kasparov33
I can't even begin to imagine how you feel, and I've dealt with cancer in my family, including myself, ever since I was a real little kid. I don't think the reality of what happens ever hit so hard until I lost an older brother to cancer who was only 48 years old.

My prayers go out to you and your family.
May God bless you all.

TrainBuff
The New Haven Railroad
Premium Member
join:2003-05-01
Buffalo, NY

TrainBuff to kasparov33

Premium Member

to kasparov33
Prayers are going out to you and your family.

Santa Fe
BUT.....I Digress!

join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard

Santa Fe to kasparov33

to kasparov33
Prayers & MoJo being sent to you and yours!

TDNickell
Premium Member
join:2006-09-26
Federal Way, WA

TDNickell to kasparov33

Premium Member

to kasparov33
My thoughts and prayers going out for Michael!

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski to kasparov33

Premium Member

to kasparov33
Many get well thoughts heading up to michael!
RedRoller
join:2005-01-03
Palm Bay, FL

RedRoller to kasparov33

to kasparov33
My family and I will be praying for your family and your son.

frankenfeet
934 is 10-8
Premium Member
join:2001-10-14
Smiths Grove, KY

frankenfeet to kasparov33

Premium Member

to kasparov33
I have a 12 year old also, and the thought of him going through something like this is making me tear up. My thoughts are with you and your family.

WLiley
Woodman
Premium Member
join:2000-12-01
Grand Blanc, MI

1 recommendation

WLiley to kasparov33

Premium Member

to kasparov33
Im battling cancer too. (Stage IV)
So I understand all the medical details you describe.
I also understand the thoughts & fears you and your wife are facing.

Prayers for Micheal, yourself and your wife already spoken.

Amr3
Pointing out the obvious
Premium Member
join:2001-12-03
San Antonio, TX

Amr3 to kasparov33

Premium Member

to kasparov33
Talked to the big guy hope your son gets better and stay strong if you need anything feel free to ask.

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Numquam oblita
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone

lilhurricane to kasparov33

Numquam oblita

to kasparov33
Prayers & strength going out from here.

richdelb
Go Hawks Go
Premium Member
join:2003-01-22
Algonquin, IL

richdelb to kasparov33

Premium Member

to kasparov33
God bless your Son and your whole family. I am so sorry to hear this news. I pray that God grants your Son and your family comfort and peace.

Rich
murph1852
join:2003-06-25
Beloit, WI

murph1852 to kasparov33

to kasparov33
Sending you some good thoughts and prayers! I will pray for the best.

waynegilbert
Blessed
Premium Member
join:2004-09-26
Brooklyn, NY

waynegilbert to kasparov33

Premium Member

to kasparov33
Sending prayers to your son and the entire family....
scoot2300
join:2004-01-05
Palmer, MA

scoot2300 to kasparov33

to kasparov33
What an awful situation. God, grant us the serenity to accept the things we cannot change, courage to change the things we can and the wisdom to know the difference. It looks like there are a lot of people praying and pulling for him. Be strong and never give up hope.
kasparov33
Premium Member
join:2007-05-04
Conover, NC

2 recommendations

kasparov33

Premium Member

well we made it through the night. he was stable and his stats remained the same. the doctors are taking him off of the lasic because they arent helping him to pee so hopefully he will pee a gallon anyway today. need to get those kidneys and the liver going again. thank you for all the replies and support. its funny how talking to people you dont even know or have never met helps. i will write back later when i take another break and maybe if were lucky i can have better news. thank you all and hope all of you have a great day and a better one tomorrow.

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium Member
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME

1 edit

Dominokat to kasparov33

Premium Member

to kasparov33
I read the message and felt so bad for you and Micheal.
I will send big prayers for Micheal.
God Bless you and Micheal through these times.

Derspankster
Premium Member
join:2003-02-12
Marion, OH

Derspankster to kasparov33

Premium Member

to kasparov33
My prayers are with you and your family, especially your poor son.

SimbaTLK1
Rawrrr
join:2001-09-07
Pittsburgh, PA

SimbaTLK1 to kasparov33

to kasparov33
I prayed for you and your whole family. Stay strong, and God Bless!

--Matt

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed to kasparov33

MVM

to kasparov33
I hope he gets better - can't say more than what has already been said (and better written than I could write it to boot)...

As a father of 2 boys (3 and 5) I can't imagine the stress and anguish. I wish it upon no one that is for sure.