how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

battleop

join:2005-09-28
reply to djrobx

Re: T-Mobile

Uhm. Ok if you don't like the policy then don't buy their service. It's not like they are the only cell phone provider out there.

S_engineer
Premium
join:2007-05-16
Chicago, IL
your right...buy the service that says "screw the customer", but please have your congressman lower corporate taxes!
--
"There is no such thing as public opinion. There is only published opinion."....Winston Churchill

tcope
Premium
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT
kudos:2
reply to battleop
said by battleop:

Uhm. Ok if you don't like the policy then don't buy their service. It's not like they are the only cell phone provider out there.
Just happens to be a little something called a contract. TM won't allow people to break it without a fine. Again, customers were not told they would be getting spam text messages and they were not told that they could not stop this "service" they never asked for. But to add to that, TM simply _won't_ turn off the service those people don't want.

battleop

join:2005-09-28
So they hand you a contract but they cover up every thing but the signature line so you can't read it until after you have signed it?

tcope
Premium
Sandy, UT
said by battleop:

So they hand you a contract but they cover up every thing but the signature line so you can't read it until after you have signed it?
Yup. Read my post... it points out that the contract says nothing about having to be charged for text messages you did not want nor not being able to have TM stop the abuse and charges of spam text messages. I'm not sure how much more clear I can be about the _contract saying NOTHING about this issue_. I hate to be abrasive in my posts but I can't see them as being anything but very clear.

common_sense

@comcast.net

1 edit
reply to battleop
You come out talking about not signing a contract if you do not want certain restriction of the service which may or may not be stated in the contract. Let me ask you, have you ever read every word of every contract, lease, agreement, procedure, tos that you have come across. If you have then please continue talking out of your *ss as you just lied to yourself. Next time give some thought to your comment instead of just saying.. don't like don't buy it. There are times when one has to make stand as all alternates to not buying are just as bad as buying it.

As for the suit, I have a personal and business contract with tmobile and on my personal account i have received on average 20-30 txt message from unknown people costing me 10-15 dollars additional a month. I had to get a basic txt addon for $5 in the end to deal with as I have no choice to stop tmobile from sending me messages. I am glad people are starting to fight the 4 services (no competition providers) we have.
In Korea, I was able to get a very decent service with no stupid strings attached. Same in Japan while staying in both countries for short while. Can't we get some decent providers here.. oh wait I forget we are about free market (Market where everyone has to be greedy in order to create real competition)

Tzale
Proud Libertarian Conservative
Premium
join:2004-01-06
NYC Metro
reply to tcope
said by tcope:

said by battleop:

Just happens to be a little something called a contract. TM won't allow people to break it without a fine. Again, customers were not told they would be getting spam text messages and they were not told that they could not stop this "service" they never asked for. But to add to that, TM simply _won't_ turn off the service those people don't want.
They should have picked a service that allowed them to turn off that feature... They could have researched this better prior to locking into the contract.

Their fault.. Sorry... And usually I don't side with big corporations, but this time... Sorry..

-Tzale
--
Neoconservatives (G.W.B) are not real conservatives. A conservative believes in defending the Constitution. First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. - RON PAUL 2008 »www.usconstitution.net/const.html

tcope
Premium
Sandy, UT

2 edits
said by Tzale:

said by tcope:

said by battleop:

They should have picked a service that allowed them to turn off that feature... They could have researched this better prior to locking into the contract.

Their fault.. Sorry... And usually I don't side with big corporations, but this time... Sorry.
So your first thought was that they should have read the contract. When your error was pointed out you stated that they should go to another provider. When again your error was pointed out your response now is that customers should have some how thought of the idea that this odd situation could happen at some point and then searched for an answer (again, to a problem that did not yet exist). {inappropriate remark removed and apology inserted} . About the stupidest things I've ever seen posted.

'course, you could side step the real issue again and change your reasoning.

Tzale
Proud Libertarian Conservative
Premium
join:2004-01-06
NYC Metro
said by tcope:

So your first thought was that they should have read the contract. When your error was pointed out you stated that they should go to another provider. When again your error was pointed out your response now is that customers should have some how thought of the idea that this odd situation could happen at some point and then searched for an answer (again, to a problem that did not yet exist). Does your head come out of your butt at any time? About the stupidest things I've ever seen posted.

'course, you could side step the real issue again and change your reasoning.
I've never changed my views.. Simple.. Read the contract, ask whatever questions you have and make a decision... You're the one with serious problems...

You didn't prove me wrong at all.. Your posts make no sense.
--
Neoconservatives (G.W.B) are not real conservatives. A conservative believes in defending the Constitution. First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. - RON PAUL 2008 »www.usconstitution.net/const.html
Expand your moderator at work