Premium Member
join:2006-09-26
Federal Way, WA

1 recommendation

TDNickell to Sunny

Premium Member

to Sunny

Re: [Serious] Someone we all know and love dearly needs our supp

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family,Icarus!

mattmag

join:2000-04-09
NW Illinois

1 recommendation

mattmag to Icarus

to Icarus

I know your pain Ick. I lost my Dad when I was 25 years old. No matter what the relationship status, it's certainly true on the life-changing event.

You will make it through fine as you are strong, and in time you will learn how to live with the inevitable void.

-Matt

opus74
Deep Thought
Premium Member
join:2002-03-04
Coello, IL

1 recommendation

opus74 to Sunny

Premium Member

to Sunny
Enroute.

Vtblues
if you can't get out of it, get in to it
Premium Member
join:2006-05-29
Brookfield, VT

1 recommendation

Vtblues to Sunny

Premium Member

to Sunny
Ick, I'm truly sorry for your loss. I'll be praying for you and your family.

delenn13
De gustibus nil disputandum
Premium Member
join:2006-03-02
Ridgeway, ON

1 recommendation

delenn13 to Sunny

Premium Member

to Sunny
I know I already posted here. But Ick, take care my friend. Support and lots of love going your way.

wafen
Mr woogie
MVM,
join:2001-02-01
Maplewood MN

1 recommendation

wafen to Vtblues

MVM,

to Vtblues
I am sorry for your families loss.
I'm glad he was able to spend his last days with his family at home.

squirt
cacatne alces in silvis?
MVM
join:2004-04-27
Out Grazing

1 recommendation

squirt to Icarus

MVM

to Icarus
My condolences.

May your father rest in peace and may his memory live on with you and the rest of your family.

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Numquam oblitus
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ

tmpchaos to Sunny

Numquam oblitus

to Sunny
»/r0/do ··· ed-1.jpg

woogie
Mrs. Wafen
MVM
join:2001-11-07
Maplewood MN

1 recommendation

woogie to Icarus

MVM

to Icarus
My heart felt sympathies are with you and your family Cory. Best thoughts are with you always my dear friend.

Icarus
CHAOS RULES
Mod
join:2000-11-08
Off Center

7 recommendations

Icarus to Sunny

Mod

to Sunny

Im unable to sleep so Ill ramble on a bit if thats ok....?

Today we made the arrangements for my Dads funeral and wake. Having had to go through this many times before with all of my grandparents and then my Mom a few years ago it was almost comforting doing something I was sadly familiar with. Gets a bit strange as Dad was a Navy Vet and will have full military honors and a flag draped coffin but since here in the north east the ground is frozen he cant be buried until the spring and get his salute. He was also a firefighter for well over 40 years and the local FD will be out in force to celebrate his commitment to the community....

Im totally overwhelmed...cant sleep,cant eat....still in shock......

Ive gotten so many IM's from you all and they have provided alot of comfort. TH is the best support system ever.....thanks again to everyone.....Ive never been more amazed by a group of folks than my friends here....thank you all!

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

1 edit

1 recommendation

Sunny

You can ramble all you want. We love you, Cory. We're listening and we care so much. I'm glad you can feel all the hugs reaching out for you across the miles.

SueN
Premium Member
join:2000-08-22
Lost

SueN to Icarus

Premium Member

to Icarus
Yup.....what sorto said

Vtblues
if you can't get out of it, get in to it
Premium Member
join:2006-05-29
Brookfield, VT

1 recommendation

Vtblues to Icarus

Premium Member

to Icarus
I'm glad to be able to be here for you in any way I can Cory

santy
Don't Follow Me, I'M Lost Too
MVM
join:2001-06-10
Wilmington, IL

1 recommendation

santy to Icarus

MVM

to Icarus
As Sorto said, ramble all you want. It helps pass the time if nothing else and will help clear the mind a bit.

I know that back in 2005 when I lost my dad, then my job and 6 months later my Uncle, TH was a God send for the comfort, well wishes etc. that I received. Having a place to get things off your chest/mind and receive encouraging words helps immensely. Besides, you just might receive a couple of ideas to help you thru any situation you might encounter.

Do take care Ick, I'm still praying for you and your family to receive the strength you need to get thru this ok.

Icarus
CHAOS RULES
Mod
Off Center

2 edits

5 recommendations

Icarus

Mod

said by santy:

As Sorto said, ramble all you want. It helps pass the time if nothing else and will help clear the mind a bit.

Thanks santy,that about hits the nail on the head....I need to ramble....

Were having the wake tomorrow at 6-8PM,meeting the Pastor at 3 as hes new and doesnt know any of us or my Dad. Mrs Icky and the kids are having a hard time dealing but Im still holding strong so far, for them. Still cant sleep or eat much but can enjoy a rum and coke! Mrs bought me a new pair of jeans and a sweater to wear for the services. I dont own a suit or tie and never will. Dad understood that for my Mom so Im sure he would now for himself. Still in shock after all weve been through getting Dad home after the last 5 months.....sad hes gone,happy he made it home again,glad he didnt suffer or linger...so many emotions all at once....

So much more to come.....thank you all for allowing me to vent here and for understanding....TH is the best!

PS: Here Is my Dads obituary,he was a pretty good guy....probably not the smartest thing to post online but Im a proud son...»/r0/do ··· 1301.jpg

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94 to Sunny

Premium Member

to Sunny
I am so sorry that I have had no way to get up there. My lady has light a candle for you all.

TrainBuff
The New Haven Railroad
Premium Member
join:2003-05-01
Buffalo, NY

TrainBuff to Icarus

Premium Member

to Icarus
As a Firefighter and Veteran, I salute your Dad on his service to both his country and community.
You are not alone in your time of grief. We, your extended family are here with you.

rfhar
The World Sport, Played In Every Country
Premium Member
join:2001-03-26
Buicktown,Mi

rfhar to Sunny

Premium Member

to Sunny
Been there done that four times and it is a hard road to go down. You and yours will have my prayers.

Allnew
MVM
join:2003-02-01
Denmark- EU.

Allnew to Icarus

MVM

to Icarus
Sorry to hear about your dad.
My condolences.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski to Sunny

Premium Member

to Sunny
I wish I had some magic words to relieve your pain, but I know that is not possible. Anytime you need to ramble, please do my friend.

Icarus
CHAOS RULES
Mod
Off Center

2 recommendations

Icarus

Mod

Thanks again for all the kind words and support! Somebody have a rum and coke ready for me when I get home from the wake!

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

Sunny

We'll get the troll cat to truck some refreshments in for you.

rusdi
American V
MVM
join:2001-04-28
Flippin, AR

1 recommendation

rusdi to Icarus

MVM

to Icarus
said by Icarus:

Thanks again for all the kind words and support! Somebody have a rum and coke ready for me when I get home from the wake!
Doubt if I can make it, in time Cory, but you have to know......I'm here, and you have my phone # buddy!

Need someone to sound-off to...gimme a call!

I'm so sorry for your loss.

You, your family, have my sincere condolences, and support.

If you need ANYTHING, please know you can count on me my friend!

BadHat
Hook'M Horns
Premium Member
join:2003-10-14
Rosa's Place

BadHat to Sunny

Premium Member

to Sunny
My prayers and condolences, old buddy. I will keep you in my thoughts. Sorry I am so late seeing this.

Icarus
CHAOS RULES
Mod
Off Center

8 recommendations

Icarus

Mod

Thanks Bill,No worries!

Home from the wake,fed and rum in hand and I honestly feel pretty good. Dad looked amazing and at peace. Hundreds showed up and he had a fire dept honor guard.Fire trucks in the street.....it was really something. My childhood friend Lee led the guard wearing his late fathers FD dress hat and the other 3 were men my father signed off on their FD applications nearly 40 years ago. We celebrated his life with laughs and tears.....thats how he would have wanted it.

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

Sunny

It sounds like your dad was well respected in his community, Cory. I'm glad so many turned out to celebrate his life with you and it sounds like a life well lived. Of course, we knew that because, without your dad, there would be no you.

We're still here if you'd like to talk some more. Hoping the service today helped some more toward the healing.

Icarus
CHAOS RULES
Mod
Off Center

1 edit

5 recommendations

Icarus

Mod

said by Sunny:

Hoping the service today helped some more toward the healing.
The service was nice with both laughs and tears. About 50 folks came back to my Dads for the after thing. There was plenty of food for everyone and alot of stories about family and friends. All in all its all good. I miss my father already but I know hes in a better place,dancing in his Sunday best with my Mom....hes home....

In the coming days Im sure to melt down but basically Im comfortable celebrating Dads life rather than mourning the loss. Im proud of him and the life he lived and only hope I may be remembered half as fondly as he was.

He fell and got hurt on September 4th and he fought the battle of his life to get home again. Home to the place he lived his entire 82 years except when he defended our country. It was his time,at home and surrounded by those of us who loved and cared about him most. Its all good!

Thanks again for the support my friends! TH folks are the best people on the planet. Ive couldnt have made it through without you all!
Icarus

6 recommendations

Icarus

Mod

Just a bit more if I may...indulging myself.....

Dad and my hometown is oldtime rural Connecticut,a town of around 7000. Dads obit had him in the Fire Department for 25 years but it was actually closer to 40+. Dad was a joker,he loved a laugh and at some point the FD decided to have some fun with him and sing "Happy Birthday" to him at every FD function whether it was the yearly carnival,vets dinner or pancake breakfast. During the wake that old joke was mentioned often. After the wake,when everyone but family was gone my friend Lee who I mentioned earlier was back and said he just had to.....we all sang one last Happy Birthday to my Dad.....he and my Mom would have loved that. It was a perfect end to a glorious life of service to his community.

Done now.....

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

3 recommendations

Sunny

I hope you don't mind ... I just sang Happy Birthday to your dad, too.

SueN
Premium Member
join:2000-08-22
Lost

SueN to Icarus

Premium Member

to Icarus
said by Icarus:

we all sang one last Happy Birthday to my Dad.....he and my Mom would have loved that. It was a perfect end to a glorious life of service to his community.
Nice gesture, and very sweet......
typed as I silently sing happy birthday