spc
Search similar:

uniqs

morbo
Complete Your Transaction
join:2002-01-22

morbo

does cableone limit routers??

I'm helping a friend set up their netgear wireless router with a cableone internet package. We are able to get it to work (wired ports and wireless) by unplugging everything then plugging in modem then netgear, and restarting computer.

For some reason, everything stops working after several hours or days. No other changes happen on the system, so that leaves me to wonder if Cableone somehow limits outside routers on their connections?

That is pretty out there, but I'm struggling to understand why it would work fine and then just completely stop.

The next step is calling tech support, but wanted to check here to see if there are any ideas. P.s. there doesn't seem to be a search this forum option here. Is this because it isn't a full forum?

areoh
join:2001-11-10
Kansas City, MO

areoh

Could very well be an issue with your router. Hard to pin-point something like this without being there. Does the router power off, do the lights quit blinking, or does the router appear to be working but you're not getting online?

As far as I know, CableOne doesn't limit the use of routers at all.

On the other hand, I had some intermittent connectivity problems this last weekend that now seems to be corrected... Perhaps you had the same issues?
HDRick
join:2001-05-21
Globe, AZ

1 edit

HDRick to morbo

to morbo
as far has I know they do not I have used 3 or 4 routers and never had a problem.

gjs
@cox.net

gjs to morbo

Anon

to morbo
I've had similar issues with a Linksys and it was the modem itself. I also don't think they don't limit routers since I've used several models and brands in the past.

morbo
Complete Your Transaction
join:2002-01-22

morbo

ok, it's working now. it may have just been a fluke as nothing changed on the users end.

thanks for all the responses.