join:2001-03-10
Cortland, OH
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit
reply to NY11102

Re: [TWC] Time Warner Navigator

We have the CallerID onscreen and there's lots of bugs with it still. It started out as a nice, readable, piece of information... I really liked it. Then the system spontaneously "reinitialized" itself and the display went to an unreadable postage stamp size. We called to report it... they said it was a "software problem" and that it should be corrected soon. Okay, I'm a pretty patient guy so I waited, and waited, and waited... finally, after several weeks the display returned to a nice readable piece of data. Yesterday, I turned the TV on and received a phone call... no display at all, and the call history had vanished. Admittedly a minor annoyance, but the display was back to its "postage stamp" format. I called and reported it today and was told that they are aware of the problem, and that it should be ironed out by the end of the month.

I really like the feature... no need to try to get up and check the callerID on the phone! It does have a a choice for display duration... up to 30 seconds, I think... in increments of 5 seconds. But I sure wish they'd get it straightened out. I was told that by the time it all shakes out in the wash, the size and postion of the display will be "user selectable". That's what I was told, anyway. So don't be in too much of a hurry to get it. Wait 'til they get it right first.