spc
Search similar:

uniqs

fubar
@frii.com

fubar

Anon

Then Macs will thrive

This'll be great for Macs, since they have no need for AV software.

TechyDad
Premium Member
join:2001-07-13
USA

TechyDad

Premium Member

Ah, but the RIAA/MPAA will just buy legislation that says that all computers, regardless of OS, need to include special Copyright Protection System enabled by default. Any that don't must only exist for those dirty, stinking, Internet pirates.
macaholic
Premium Member
join:2003-08-31
Jackson Heights, NY

macaholic

Premium Member

Don't be so sure... I think RIAA is taking to colluding with ISP's directly.. They know a Dem congress wouldn't go for any such legislation... IMO.

Will

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium Member
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD

pnh102

Premium Member

said by macaholic:

They know a Dem congress wouldn't go for any such legislation... IMO.
You sure about that?

Which political party do most, if not all, of the Hollywood Left seem to back?

If you look, you will find that the majority of copyright "reform" bills were introduced by and sponsored by the Democrat party.

TechyDad
Premium Member
join:2001-07-13
USA

TechyDad to macaholic

Premium Member

to macaholic
Really? Have you heard of the PRO-IP act?

If not, read up on it here: »www.news.com/8301-13578_ ··· -38.html

But a quick summary of it goes as follows: Democrats and Republicans are banding together to protect the IP of the RIAA and MPAA and increase penalties on citizens. The fines for violating copyright would go up as would jail time and the government would be able to seize any and all property used to violate the copyright (and auction if off for that agency's profit... yeah, *that* won't be abused).

Don't think that Democrats are magical saints who will protect the citizens against evil big business. They're just as bad as the Republicans. It's just a matter of them being in slightly different pockets sometimes. (When it comes to politicians, my motto is "Always expect that they will betray their promises and abuse their power. Then plan accordingly.")

Glaice
Brutal Video Vault
Premium Member
join:2002-10-01
North Babylon, NY

Glaice to fubar

Premium Member

to fubar
Same with Linux
macaholic
Premium Member
join:2003-08-31
Jackson Heights, NY

macaholic to TechyDad

Premium Member

to TechyDad
said by TechyDad:

But a quick summary of it goes as follows: Democrats and Republicans are banding together to protect the IP of the RIAA and MPAA and increase penalties on citizens. The fines for violating copyright would go up as would jail time and the government would be able to seize any and all property used to violate the copyright (and auction if off for that agency's profit... yeah, *that* won't be abused).

Don't think that Democrats are magical saints who will protect the citizens against evil big business. They're just as bad as the Republicans. It's just a matter of them being in slightly different pockets sometimes. (When it comes to politicians, my motto is "Always expect that they will betray their promises and abuse their power. Then plan accordingly.")
yes I know abuse of power kind of sad thats what 12 years of GOP congress and 7 years of complete control has definitely brought ethical standards to a new all time low. Except I think the Democrats will hopefully learn from some the GOP's worse errors.. such as try not to be so obnoxious and arrogant like they GOP predecessors where regarding corporate sell out.

Will
grandpinaple8
join:2006-01-03
New York, NY

grandpinaple8

said by macaholic:

said by TechyDad:

yes I know abuse of power kind of sad thats what 12 years of GOP congress and 7 years of complete control has definitely brought ethical standards to a new all time low. Except I think the Democrats will hopefully learn from some the GOP's worse errors.. such as try not to be so obnoxious and arrogant like they GOP predecessors where regarding corporate sell out.

Will
It must be nice to live in a total delusion?