Premium Member
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD

pnh102 to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5

Re: It was approved by the moron voters

said by FFH5:

But year after year, Jersey voters keep complaining that their taxes are way too high. Somehow, they never seem able to put 2 and 2 together and figure out that their taxes are being used to pay off these bond issues they keep approving.
If only such problems could be contained to states which have a majority of idiots who vote for tax hikes. Many of these people in New York, New Jersey and California (and this is certainly not an exhaustive list) eventually get tired of the tax hikes and move out.

Of course, they move to states with lower taxes. Then they continue to vote for the same boneheadedness that caused their taxes to shoot through the roof where they used to live. The end result of course is they ruin the new place for everyone else.

In other words, they pee in the new pool that they moved into.
moonpuppy (banned)
join:2000-08-21
Glen Burnie, MD

1 recommendation

moonpuppy (banned)

Sometimes the legislatures take matters into their own hands and ignore the voters. Take a look at Annapolis.

rit56
join:2000-12-01
New York, NY

rit56 to pnh102

to pnh102
oh pnh... always love a good opportunity to slam the north east citizens of the USA.. well if tons of people are moving into other areas well that means the infrastructure needs to increase to serve those people. new water, sewer, electric, roads... how does the community all these people move to pay for that increase I wonder? I guess you're thinking God will provide the money or they don't need water, sewer, roads,police, fire fighters etc. etc.

snkeyes
@neric.org

snkeyes

Anon

Actually, they lower taxes, give money back to the rich and the services just trickle down.

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium Member
Mount Airy, MD

pnh102 to rit56

Premium Member

to rit56
said by rit56:

oh pnh... always love a good opportunity to slam the north east citizens of the USA..
Anyone who willingly votes themselves a tax hike is a complete and total moron, regardless of where they live.

You happy now?
patcat88
join:2002-04-05
Jamaica, NY

patcat88 to rit56

to rit56
said by rit56:

I guess you're thinking God will provide the money or they don't need water, sewer, roads,police, fire fighters etc. etc.
JESUS!!!! JESUS will bring water. JESUS will open the sky when there is a fire. JESUS will protect us!!!! JESUS!!!!!!

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium Member
Mount Airy, MD

pnh102

Premium Member

said by patcat88:

JESUS!!!!!!
Jesus also called out a certain tax collector for being a pompous, corrupt, jerk.

By name no less.

Mizz Hannigan to pnh102

Anon

to pnh102
well the i guess maryland is included! LOL!

ReformCRTC
Support Your Independent ISP
join:2004-03-07
Canada

ReformCRTC to pnh102

to pnh102
Jesus said also pay Ceasar's things back to Caesar (i.e. pay the tribute *tax*), but what the hey, anybody can twist and thump the Bible to say things they want to hear.