uniqs

Dogfather
Premium Member
join:2007-12-26
Laguna Hills, CA

Dogfather to DataDoc

Premium Member

to DataDoc

Re: How far do you think the voters read?

It depends on whether the voter guide is in English or Spanish.

DataDoc
My avatar looks like me, if I was 2D.
Premium Member
join:2000-05-14
Hedgesville, WV
·StarLink
·HughesNet

DataDoc

Premium Member

said by Dogfather:

Probably both.

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium Member
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD

pnh102

Premium Member

said by DataDoc:
said by Dogfather:

Probably both.
People ended up voting for Rico Suave.

jimbo48
join:2000-11-17
Asheville, NC

jimbo48 to DataDoc

to DataDoc
gotta throw in Vietnamese,Chinese,Tagalog, Arabic and other languages based on population densities. These politicians don't want to ignore the very people that vote for these taxes by just printing in English.
Wonder when they are going to institute nuisance taxes on California (LA voters) for contributing to global warming be breathing out carbon dioxide and depleting the oxygen? Or a road tax for the audacity to drive or ride a vehicle walk or otherwise utilize/consume public resources, thus contributing to the need for added revenues. Or tax the people for reading a book a the library (if and when its open)or heaven forbid, need the police, fire or social services. After all by calling them you are taking them away form their responsibility to protect the "public"
Hmmm...Think of it!!!
10.00 charge to report a fire
15.00 charge to report a burglary in progress
250.00 charge for witnessing a murder
250.00 refund - for being the murderer.

Dogfather
Premium Member
join:2007-12-26
Laguna Hills, CA

Dogfather

Premium Member

They already charge people for owning burglar alarms (in addition to huge false alarm fees which It think are justified).

Boogeyman
Drive it like you stole it
Premium Member
join:2002-12-17
Wasilla, AK

Boogeyman to jimbo48

Premium Member

to jimbo48
They DO charge you to use the road and library. The taxes you pay on gas help to fund road repair. What, you think those things are free and dont cost anything to maintain? I dont know where they get the funds for the libraries but they are PUBLIC libraries. Funded by the PUBLIC. Your taxes help pay to keep them open so you can go borrow a book from them when you feel like it.

jimbo48
join:2000-11-17
Asheville, NC

jimbo48

Well boogeyman,
Here in the Golden state they have many libraries open two days a week (if they have the budget money)yet these same gov'ts will send their mayors to Viet Nam on Fact-finding tours. I know there is a need for Taxes to pay for the infrastructure and social services etc but these lame-assed politicians find ways to waste it faster than they can spend it.They have city council meeting to declare their city a no nukes zone zone and have the audacity to spend money on signs at the city limits to proclaim such. Taxes on our gas to maintain the roads are seized by Sacramento and go into the general fund and spent elsewhere. My Sales tax rate is 8.75% yet the roads, the schools the infrastructure are some of the worst in the Bay Area. The politicos have managed to run off every sizable industry by their anti-business attitudes. Yeah I know the necessity of taxes and I know the failure of the various Calif govts on managing those taxes. But its not just California to blame,! We can look East to Washington DC for added discomfort and inept management and failure to protect the citizens form foreign intruders.