join:2001-06-25
Sacramento, CA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to RainWind7

Re: Good idea

said by RainWind7:

Sounds like a good idea to me. They've always taxed voice lines, and its a good source of income. As long as our government is as bloated as it is they're going to continue to need a lot of funding. Might as well put taxes on services such as broadband, VoIP, and the like if the need arises and they can't manage to make budget cuts to cover their need for money.

They're going to get the money somehow. Better that they tax goods/services than just take it straight out of your paycheck in the form of state/local taxes. The government will always find a way to get the money it needs even if they have to pry it from your cold, dead, hands... estate tax FTL.

I see nothing evil about taxing all voice service users equally.

Personally, I'd rather see the majority of taxes and government itself go away. Its too bloated in its current form, and they take too much money and spend it or give it away without any care or thought.
see they do tax you to death (and beyond) and then turn right around and charge you for it. Why should we have to pay twice for Gov services? I mean that service being provided IS THE POINT OF THESE TAXES!