spc
uniqs

jimbo48
join:2000-11-17
Asheville, NC

jimbo48 to RainWind7

to RainWind7

Re: Good idea

They're not taxing equally, in fact "low income senior citizens" and disabled households are exempt. How do you think it got passed if everybody were taxed equally? The AARP lobby would have squashed this one dead in its tracks if ALL senior citizens were taxed.Low-income Senior Citizens can't afford VOIP or the Internet for that matter if they are truly low income and the disabled are exempted as well-What constitutes disabled in L.A. ?-probably being an english speaking American citizen that owns a home and can read at a high scholl level.
How many times are you willing to be taxed for the same service? We are taxed at the federal state and local level for telephone plus we have all the Gore-taxes that are not really taxes (just ask a politician). California taxes, L.A. taxes will continue to be pissed away on things like trips to "sister cities" conventions in faraway state and country, lavish offices etc while South Central L.A. continues to deteriorate. I say cut out the excess spending on needless social engineering and perks, undeserved rewards and THEN maybe we can talk additional taxes.

RadioDoc

join:2000-05-11
La Grange, IL

RadioDoc

"can read at a high scholl level."

The irony here is precious.

jimbo48
join:2000-11-17
Asheville, NC

jimbo48

Yeah operator error-my bad! Excuse me for not being perfect.