Premium
join:2002-08-23
Fontana, CA
kudos:2
reply to woody7

Re: hhmm....

said by woody7:

"It was approved by the moron voters"

The politicians that want to be all things to all people can't make the hard decisions that they were elected for,like cut spending. The "fud" was all over the tv about what would happen if it doesn't pass. Teary eyed cops and firemen,supporting (most don't live in Los Angeles) so it won't affect them anyway, then they blame Prop 13 cause they can't raise taxes. what choice do the voters have? Peace
That FUD didn't work back when we passed Prop 13. They laid it on thick with the firemen, cops, firehouses closing, even going so far as to ensure that the proposition had an "unlucky" number. Didn't work.
--
"I want a church I can stay in for years. I don't want surprises, scandals, or secrets from my church leaders."

Ted Haggard

woody7
Premium
join:2000-10-13
Torrance, CA
This is the other one that they keep pounding on....On some people/areas, "FUD" seems to work better. Prop 13 was a state wide prop, so the whole state got to vote. Maybe the voters in LA are less sophisticated? I agree, most people don't read what they are voting for and just follow what they hear/see on the ads,tv,and friends. I wouldn't call them morons, but ill informed, or maybe they just felt this is something they can live with.Peace
--
BlooMe