The one and only
Premium
join:2001-07-14
SoCal
kudos:3
reply to RadioDoc

Re: I'll keep my regular HD-DVR thanks

said by RadioDoc:

That does sound rather useless, doesn't it?

HD Tivo + CableCARD = much better solution.
What if you don't have a Tivo or DVR, but do have a regular cable box? What if you didn't schedule the program to record and missed part of the show?

That's the intended audience for the "Start Over" service.

Start Over isn't intended to replace a DVR...
--
Don't mind me, I'm just trying to help...

RadioDoc
Premium,ExMod 2000-03
join:2000-05-11
La Grange, IL
kudos:2
It's still rather useless. They should use those resources to improve their service not implement some lame gimmick they claim differentiates them from satellite providers.
--
Toolmaster of La Grange.

Thaler
Premium
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA
Eh, does the "start over" work on programs you *just* tuned into, or ones that have been streaming through? If so, I would consider that more a feature than a gimic. Tuning into the last 5 minutes to a show you wanted to watch, hitting "start over", and then watching it from the beginning certainly has its merits.

...but if it comes with the sacrifice of no pause/FF/rewind function to go to the bathroom, grab snacks, ponder life, etc. for a few minutes, then yeah...no way in hell I'd make that sacrifice.

Jason Levine
Premium
join:2001-07-13
USA
It works on shows that you've just tuned into. So let's say you're running late and wind up tuning into your favorite show 20 minutes late, you could hit "Select" and then choose "Start Over." The show would then restart from the beginning. I believe it has pause capabilities, but no fast forward (so no channel skipping). It is a useful feature, but it doesn't replace a DVR box.

MacLeech
The one and only
Premium
join:2001-07-14
SoCal
said by Jason Levine:

It is a useful feature, but it doesn't replace a DVR box.
It's not meant to.