spc
Search similar:

uniqs
brainlessdog
join:2005-11-30
Portsmouth, NH

brainlessdog

Fairpoint Will Fold

Nice. Verizon sells Hawaii, new company in trouble. The exact same thing is going to happen to Maine, Vermont and New Hampshire when Verizon dumps us after promising upgrades for years. Verizon is an evil corporation.

NY Tel
Premium Member
join:2004-04-09
Smithtown, NY

NY Tel

Premium Member

said by brainlessdog:

Nice. Verizon sells Hawaii, new company in trouble. The exact same thing is going to happen to Maine, Vermont and New Hampshire when Verizon dumps us after promising upgrades for years. Verizon is an evil corporation.
Book-em, Dano
Sammer
join:2005-12-22
Canonsburg, PA

Sammer

Considering the Carlyle Group is much better able to take such risks than Fairpoint, you think so?
soothsayer15
join:2002-03-01
Irving, TX

1 recommendation

soothsayer15 to brainlessdog

to brainlessdog
said by brainlessdog:

From the article:
quote:
The company lost $320 million in its first two years of operation and the 2007 numbers, which haven't yet been released, are expected to show more losses. With $1 billion in debt, Hawaiian Telcom doesn't have a limitless amount of money to throw at new managers and old I.T. problems.
You're right, Verizon is evil for not wanting to lose money. Hey guess what, when companies lose money, people lose their jobs and companies get sued. Look at Comcast.

You're mad because you most likely won't be getting FTTH now. You guys that live in rural areas need to be realistic. That's part of the trade off in most cases. Broadband is nice to have, but it isn't a right.

Cabal
Premium Member
join:2007-01-21

Cabal to brainlessdog

Premium Member

to brainlessdog
They teach economics in New Hampshire schools anymore?
brainlessdog
Portsmouth, NH

brainlessdog to soothsayer15

to soothsayer15
Take a geography lesson. The majority of New Hampshire is not rural. I already have FiOS. The point is that we are being sold to a terrible company. We as consumers, have paid millions to Verizon, we expect some investment in our state. Verizon will take the money from the sale to build broadband for other areas they serve. Verizon is dumping us to expand broadband for others. I just want the same. Fairpoint sucks and they have big plans for DSL. Get real. The whole deal is a scam for Verizon to make billions!
rahvin112
join:2002-05-24
Sandy, UT

rahvin112 to soothsayer15

to soothsayer15
Verizon has had and currently still has a monopoly. The point of the universal service fund everyone pays into is to cover the losses on the rural areas the phone company sustains. Yet you elitists think that because someone is living in a rural area they aren't allowed to have telephone service or the hope of system upgrades.

The fact is the baby-bells rode the monopoly raking in their 20% profits while supporting the unprofitable rural areas year over year until deregulation happened and now they are handing off the rural lines that don't make money (and not cutting the universal service fees they charge their customers) to increase their profit base. It simply shouldn't be allowed, in fact congress should pass some new regulations that force the baby bells to reacquire at their expense any company they spin off that isn't successful. In fact IMO Verizon should lose all access to the Universal Service fund, or should have to pass all their revenue from those fees directly onto the rural phone providers they are spinning out of the company. It will be a better time in this country when we get an executive administration that's willing to hold these companies to their obligations, and rural phone service is one of their obligations, profitable or not they have to provide service to everyone that asks. If they don't want to run the lines themselves they should pass on the fees they collect that are meant to support those unprofitable areas.
BosstonesOwn
join:2002-12-15
Wakefield, MA

BosstonesOwn to brainlessdog

to brainlessdog
Hey I want to introduce you to my friend. His name is real life , he can some times be a bitch and some times be a real nice guy.

Verizon is in business to make money. They owe you nothing , they provided you a service , and you used a service. Really that simple. They owe you nothing , you owe them nothing.

You just want the same ? You already have fios. You want Verizon to keep servicing you because you want a service ? You want to pay 4600 for your service ? I didn't think so. They are selling it because it's not profitable. they have to raise rates, and they can't because they are regulated and people will cry and gripe.

So yeah I see it as fair. They want to sell the less profitable markets to concentrate on profitable areas. They are after all a business. So unless you want to pay through the roof rates ( my bet is no , and if they did you would cry about even that ) then take it like a man and realize life isn't fair. Or move to a area where verizon is servicing or getting ready to service.

Lifes a bitch at times. And is usually never fair.
BosstonesOwn

BosstonesOwn to rahvin112

to rahvin112
Get real , the USF is a government fund that Verizon collects for them.

These companies are still regulated. You choose to live in the sticks. Your problem , the universal service fund is doing it's job. It's for phone service , not broadband. Phones are considered mandatory, while broadband is not.

phattieg
join:2001-04-29
Winter Park, FL

phattieg to soothsayer15

to soothsayer15
said by soothsayer15 See Profile
You're right, Verizon is evil for not wanting to lose money. Hey guess what, when companies lose money, people lose their jobs and companies get sued. Look at Comcast.
[/BQUOTE :

I might have missed something, but when did Comcast do layoffs, or lose a franchise agreement? I'm not sure what else you could have meant, I know for a fact that Comcast hasn't been laying off anybody, actually they keep hiring and hiring more and more people. Please, again, explain where these numbers are coming from. I'd like to look. So please to take offense to my questions..
BosstonesOwn
Wakefield, MA

BosstonesOwn to Cabal

to Cabal
Apparently not , seams intelligent thought is being driven out of peoples minds as well.
soothsayer15
join:2002-03-01
Irving, TX

2 edits

soothsayer15 to phattieg

to phattieg
said by phattieg:

said by soothsayer15 See Profile
[/BQUOTE :

I might have missed something, but when did Comcast do layoffs, or lose a franchise agreement? I'm not sure what else you could have meant, I know for a fact that Comcast hasn't been laying off anybody, actually they keep hiring and hiring more and more people. Please, again, explain where these numbers are coming from. I'd like to look. So please to take offense to my questions..
The numbers came from the article, which you might have found helpful to read before posting. I thought that placing a quote on it would make that obvious, I didn't realize I had to dumb it down, and I apologize for that. I never said anything about Comcast losing a franshise agreement, but it has already been posted on this site as a new items that Comcast is being sued by stockholders, not to mention thier stock was down last year.
brainlessdog
Portsmouth, NH

brainlessdog to BosstonesOwn

to BosstonesOwn
Get your facts straight. I do not live in the sticks. New Hampshire is profitable for Verizon, that's why they started running FiOS in New Hampshire to begin with. Verizon is allowed to do business in each state, by each state. They are allowed to make money as long as they serve the public good. Allowing them to leave after they made promises of building a fiber network to all is not in the public good. Fiber is the future. Verizon has made millions and received numerous tax breaks from our state. Verizon has an obligation to serve the public. I hear that Massachusetts is next on the chopping block for Verizon. I hope you like having the choice of one company.

inteller
Sociopaths always win.
join:2003-12-08
Tulsa, OK

inteller to NY Tel

to NY Tel
its actually Danno.
BosstonesOwn
Wakefield, MA

BosstonesOwn to brainlessdog

to brainlessdog
If it was profitable Verizon wouldn't be looking to sell. They ran fiber in NH because the area had become a loss as far as costs of maintaining. Yes I know some of the folks who are responsible for your area.

They made no promises of building fiber networks to your home. You really are a fool to think any company will promise you anything , except a service for your money.

BTW I wouldn't mind if they sold mass. I know they won't because we are a cash cow. Especially the closer to Boston we get. And also my area is only serviced by comcast for broadband.

Build a bridge and get over it. Move if you want to keep fios that bad. As for me I got other things to do, like spend time with my wife and family , then to cry about anything a company is doing.

NY Tel
Premium Member
join:2004-04-09
Smithtown, NY

NY Tel to inteller

Premium Member

to inteller
said by inteller:

its actually Danno.
Well Book-em either way....lol
brainlessdog
Portsmouth, NH

brainlessdog to BosstonesOwn

to BosstonesOwn
said by BosstonesOwn:

Yes I know some of the folks who are responsible for your area.

As for me I got other things to do, like spend time with my wife and family ,

Really? You know people? Name one liar. You like to spend so much time with the wife and kids that's why you're cruising the internet. Hypocrite.
BosstonesOwn
Wakefield, MA

BosstonesOwn

said by brainlessdog:
said by BosstonesOwn:

Yes I know some of the folks who are responsible for your area.

As for me I got other things to do, like spend time with my wife and family ,

Really? You know people? Name one liar. You like to spend so much time with the wife and kids that's why you're cruising the internet. Hypocrite.
First off I surf from work. Believe it or not some of us have lots of free time.

Oh and I have worked with Verizon top level execs and top level engineers on multiple occasions. Verizon runs Sun equipment , and if you knew anything except how to bash folks , you would have at least looked up some of my posts and found out I am a very highly qualified Sun equipment engineer. But hey ya know , I wouldn't expect some one like yourself to understand.

I still work with Verizon and one of my conversations with the lead engineers is always when am I getting Fios. So I don't have to remote in from work. Handling gigs of logs over a 6 meg cable connection is hard. But I know you wouldn't understand that.