mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5
reply to texans20

Re: Not Allowed

said by texans20:

We do not support BlackBerry devices anymore in our organization. If an end user wants mobile device access to their e-mail, we tell them to purchase a Windows Mobile device (we run Exchange). I've found that the WM 5 and WM 6 devices work with Exchange much better than the BlackBerrys.
or at least don't rely on Blackberry for connectivity!

BosstonesOwn

join:2002-12-15
Wakefield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

Even our setup uses RIM. If Im not mistaken ( I don't touch the bb servers ) they all go through RIM.

Im dealing with complaints from a ton of execs about this
--
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt......and then it's absolutely friggin' hysterical!"

matrix3D

join:2006-09-27
Middletown, CT

This seems to be a yearly occurrence now with RIM, doesn't it? You'd think the company would be seeing a mass exodus by now.

Snickerdo
Premium
join:2001-02-28
Niagara Falls, ON

said by matrix3D:

This seems to be a yearly occurrence now with RIM, doesn't it? You'd think the company would be seeing a mass exodus by now.
Mass exodus? To where? There's no realistic alternative, and no one serious about mobile communication is going to touch Mobile ActiveSync with a ten foot pole.

In fact, when RIM lost that whole NTP case (what a load of crap that was) I was fully expecting Jim Basillie - being the kind of guy he is - to just say fine, you want to award them $600 million bucks for so-called infringement, we're no longer going to infringe and we're pulling the plug. Everyone in the US would have crapped their pants and done everything they could to prevent that from happening, including the US Federal Government. Of course, being a Canadian company, I doubt they could have been forced into doing anything they wouldn't want to do, and the infringement case had no bearing on this side of the border so they could have continued to provide service outside of the US. Sometimes it hurts less to screw the people you rely on for revenue than to let yourself be screwed.
--
I swear that I will faithfully and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, Queen of Canada, Her Heirs and Successors, and that I will faithfully observe the laws of Canada and fulfil my duties as a Canadian citizen.