This is a sub-selection from Not Allowed

SterlingJ85
join:2000-11-19
Austin, TX

SterlingJ85 to texans20

to texans20

Re: Not Allowed

Based on what?

I have tried to get a few of my users to WM only to find devices that aren't reliable (require restarting, freeze up, etc.) at all. Mail delivery that is slow.

With BlackBerry things run smoothly. While there are a few things i'm waiting on which should be available soon (HTML e-mail, calendar availability).. BlackBerry just functions best (when they're not having in outage!).

I have tried Good too personally, but I hate that if you have rules setup for e-mail items to move to folders automatically that it is more difficult to see new e-mail, and Good doesn't always alert you to unread mail in those folders. BlackBerry, no problem, ALL incoming (including SMS/private e-mail accounts) messages can be seen from one screen if desired.

Lumberjack
Premium Member
join:2003-01-18
Newport News, VA

Lumberjack

Premium Member

The problem with RIM is that you're committed to the stability of RIM's services and connectivity. If it goes down so does everything else. It doesn't matter if you're company runs it's own BES server or not. And this is for the most basic services like raw Internet access. This is also why most ISPs charge extra for RIM... they have to route all BlackBerry user traffic through RIM!

The reason people say Windows Mobile is more reliable isn't because the operating system is better (personally, I think it is - at least from a developer's point of view) or that the email application is easier to use. The reason is because most organizations like to remove a point of failure that is not localized by them. By housing their own mail server, when it breaks they can fix it. If you use RIM and RIM breaks the company is at the mercy of RIM to fix it.

You can get another ISP, you can get a different model of BlackBerry, you can run 50 redundant BES servers... but there is only one RIM.

This is so ironic it's awesome. The big bad Microsoft can do nothing but harm and the anti-Microsoft RIM built on the supreme Java (heh) is the savior from the beast. Yet it's odd, Microsoft isn't the ones filtering the bits or flipping your nibbles.
« The cause
This is a sub-selection from Not Allowed