join:2004-11-26
America
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·KCH Cable
reply to texans20

Re: Not Allowed

said by texans20:

We do not support BlackBerry devices anymore in our organization. If an end user wants mobile device access to their e-mail, we tell them to purchase a Windows Mobile device (we run Exchange). I've found that the WM 5 and WM 6 devices work with Exchange much better than the BlackBerrys.
Lucky you!

I loathe WM phones for the most part... Had nothing but trouble with those things. One day they work fine, next day they refuse to work normally unless you start clear over from scratch... I've just not had a good experience with them... though I can see your stance...

Sure, they're neat (when they work w/Exchange...) but overall I think RIM got it right and they've done a fine job of making their service work smoothly and easily. No messing with certificates, or ActiveSync (don't even get me started on that...).

Guess it's a matter of preference. I find the Blackberry service to be flat out awesome. It works better with MS than MS' own phones in our case

T-Mobile has apparently been working fine here all day for our users. Haven't heard a peep out of 'em. Then again, they could likely deal with a brief outage and not gripe too much (as long as it isn't a fault on our end ).

Anyway, I think it's funny, as reliable as they seem, that it happens again... even after they promised such a thing wouldn't happen again...

Time for better redundancy. Having all of it go through their system seems like a recipe for exactly this kind of disaster.
Do they have any other data centers, or is it just one??? I'd think they'd want to setup at least one redundant center where if ANYTHING goes crazy, it automatically switches anyone who was affected to the alternate location...

en102
Canadian, eh?

join:2001-01-26
Valencia, CA

My Nexthell BB7100i appears to be Ok

I'd take a Linux based, or even an iPhone before I use WM.
--
Canada = Hollywood North